Moto cast problem

heavyvino

Reaction score
I synced my phone with moto cast, thought it was done. That night my phone was running and quite warm, i couldn't trouble shoot it because i was at work, so all I could do was keep putting it on chargers. When i got home i turned it off and put on the wall wart to charge it.In the morning I turned it on and within 2.25 hours it was down 50%. Used system monitor and found motocast was the problem,tred to kill it but would not be killed, then tried to force stop,but no joy. Did hard reset, but it was not going to stop running,so I did a factory reset, that fixed the problem. Did I forget to try something? Any ideas if this happens again?

ca.n

Reaction score
I synced my phone with moto cast, thought it was done. That night my phone was running and quite warm, i couldn't trouble shoot it because i was at work, so all I could do was keep putting it on chargers. When i got home i turned it off and put on the wall wart to charge it.In the morning I turned it on and within 2.25 hours it was down 50%. Used system monitor and found motocast was the problem,tred to kill it but would not be killed, then tried to force stop,but no joy. Did hard reset, but it was not going to stop running,so I did a factory reset, that fixed the problem. Did I forget to try something? Any ideas if this happens again?

How large are the folders that you are sharing with MotoCast? On your computer, try removing all shared MotoCast folders. Then sign into MotoCast on your device and see if you are still getting any battery issues. If all is well, start adding folders back into MotoCast on your desktop and let your device sync it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
MotoCast is a great addition to the capability list provided with the Razr. However, a certain degree of "preparation and thought" needs to be exercised when first setting it up. If left to its own devices, it will try to sync everything on your computer if it is in the right folder and in doing so it will absolutely drain your battery, particularly if you have a weak data connection. The fix is to manage which folders Motocast sync, and equally important...only have the "stuff" in those folders that you REALLY want sync'd on your razr.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
If the problem with motocast wasn't it just busy trying to sync with it's computer/s, it might have been something like what happened to me with smart actions after I did my first .181 update. Smart actions was making my battery drain about 1% per min, a clear data corrected the problem in this case.