Most bizzare activity on Moto Droid 2...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
What I'm trying to do here is see if some of the stuff, that happened to my phone last night, is related to any of yours that has gone through similar stuff since Liberty 2.0.1 came out. I'm not ruling in or out that it is ROM-related, but currently trying to get down to the bottom of what happened last night.

At exactly 12:22am last night I put my phone on the charger and went back to bed. Woke up around 5am, got the phone off the charger and it was non-responsive for a minute.

The lockscreen finally came on, but it wasn't the layout I had for Widgetlocker. Turned the screen off and waited for a minute and it was finally on the current layout I had for Widgetlocker. But, the time (created by Minimalistic Text) was no longer the time and had changed to the weekday/month/day number.

Pandora (transparent) was no longer viewable and only a small portion of it was viewable (middle section). Missedit! and Phantom player remained the same.

Went to the home screen and it looked normal, then I got an immediate force close from Launcher Pro (first time it's happened in a long time). I have 7 screens so I went through each screen.

Calendar Widget was fine, Facebook and Twitter would not show anything but a blank widget. Text Message Widget was non-responsive to the scrolling motion. doubleTwist looked the same, SoundHound looked the same, AudioManager looked like a one color solid widget (displaying nothing whatsoever). Pandora Widget looked the same despite the lockscreen only showing the middle section of it, MusicMod looked the same, Beautiful Weather and Etrade looked the same.

Then I got a pop-up saying my Usage Timeline Pro (CPU monitoring app) was not the Pro version anymore and that I needed to buy it. So I immediately went to the App Drawer and it became non-responsive for a long time and had to force a quick reboot. When I got back to the App Drawer, I immediately clicked on the next app I paid for and it was no longer working, or in trial mode. So I went to the Market, uninstalled, re-download it, still said it was either not a paid version, not working, or still in trial mode.

I couldn't even access my Titanium to see if that would help restore some stuff that may have gone missing. So, I went back to some of the widgets I had, like doubleTwist Airsync (paid app) and see if it would work, it was non-responsive.

I did a factory reset and that did no justice to the problem. Did a restore by Nandroid and that was no good. Finally had to do a SBF and things seem to be back to normal on the stock, but none of my paid apps showed up. In fact, when I went to the Market to see if the button said "Purchased" none of them showed up as "Purchased" anymore. Went to my G-mail to click on the link on the receipts and still didn't work.

Last thing, before I did factory reset, Nandroid restore, SBF, I noticed I had a missed call. I checked it out and it was a "256" area code (Alabama). I don't know a single person in Alabama and here's the weird part, the call first started at 12:19am. I was on my phone at 12:19am and received no such call, put the phone on the charger at 12:22am. Here's an even weirder part.... the call wasn't made to me one time.... it was made a couple hundred times at least from 12:19am till at exactly 5am when I took the phone off the charger. It seemed like it stopped as soon as I took it off the charger.

Can anyone relate to this?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
XanRules was talking to me earlier, he couldn't control his screen, and saw that a whole bunch of calls had been made that he hadn't. He did a wipe/restore and that took care of it for him.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
A Nandroid restore should have taken care of that because it replaces the entire image, of your backup, and gets rid of what you currently had. I don't know why that wouldn't work. But, I called Verizon, of course they tried to get me to do stuff that wasn't right and I questioned their position and how they were even hired as an employee. Eventually I got it in their head that all I wanted was to get my purchased apps back. Got them all back. Now I'm rebuilding everything back onto my phone.

Sent from the D2... obviously...

randizzard

Reaction score
Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Verizon said someone cloned his phone and hacked into it. Don't know if that could be ur case or not because his dx wasn't rooted but its not to be ruled out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I've been speculating whether my phone got hacked or not. I don't know what or how my info could've been processed to get it hacked like that. I don't do any personal business on it (check bank accounts, buy stuff). Not really sure.

jocko1

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. You kind of just freaked me out. Our phones can be hacked into like that?! What in the blazes is going on here!

Hateslinger

Reaction score
This was an interesting read. I think I'm going to shut my phone off at night instead of leaving it on. This is nuts.

Maybe a safer bet is to turn off the. Mobile network since most people use their phone for am alarm.

What was the number that called you?

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. You kind of just freaked me out. Our phones can be hacked into like that?! What in the blazes is going on here!

Our phones have been hackable for ages. Mainly done by detectives and such. But now by other, regular people for the past 2 or 3 years.

jocko1

Reaction score
Ahh, I see. I suppose I'm a little late to board the knowledge train. I'll probably go delete my Chase app and everything now.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ahh, I see. I suppose I'm a little late to board the knowledge train. I'll probably go delete my Chase app and everything now.

I would say use your own judgement. I'm not particularly savvy on doing business on my phone because of the openness of Android and how easy it is to exploit it. Until I know it's 100% secure to do business on it, I'll be resorting to my laptop to do that stuff.

Sent from the D2... obviously...

Aequitas

Reaction score
This was an interesting read. I think I'm going to shut my phone off at night instead of leaving it on. This is nuts.

Maybe a safer bet is to turn off the. Mobile network since most people use their phone for am alarm.

What was the number that called you?

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

ive been using my phone as an alarm ever day since i got the phone, and would put it into airplane mode at night... but recently (before 2.0) my phone would un-airplane itself but only at night. every time i would put it into AM id turn the screen off then check 10 minutes later and it would be back to having service. then i said ok fine ill just turn the data and sync off. and then some times that will just auto kick back in too but ill only notice from getting texts or calls.. i dont know if its the alarm program i use or what but it seems fine now on 2.0 . just something to look for i guess

randizzard

Reaction score
Same here but I'm not worried about none of that because a quick number change every year eliminates all that lol

Sent from a liberated d2....sick