More than 1 window

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I was wandering if you can run more than one window online with the Droid? For example, could you have a window open to the google search engine and a second open on facebook and switch between the two? Or could you have your facebook homepage open and another window open to your facebook photos? etc

alm0614

Reaction score
yes with the default browser you can, just hit the menu button then new window. all third-party browsers have this capability too

mjs31

Reaction score
If you are referring to the browser you can click on the menu button while in the browser and select windows. You can then open as many windows as you like.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
OK. I feel really dumb right now :icon_eek: j/k Seriously thanks alot. That is simple enough.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yes, and if you want to open a link in a new window, press AND HOLD the link. An option window will pop up, and one of the options will be "open link in new window".

To see all of your open windows: with the browser open hit the "options" hard key, then select "windows". It will show you all of your open windows. You then have the option to select and view any of the open windows, or an X to close any of the open windows - which I always do at the end of a browsing session. I sometimes end up with multiple windows open that I didn't know about!

Using these two items (click and hold to open a new window, and "options"/"windows" to select or close any open window) is the best (only?) way I know of to simulate "tabbed browsing" without having to download a third party browser app.

Last edited: