More spam calling

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Look like the courts threw out the rules regarding robo-calls. They claim the rules went too far. I guess we will be getting more robo-calls on our smartphones. More calls from credit card companies with offers that will help us part with our cash. come to think about it, more calls from our service providers wanting to upgrade our services and/or phones. oh well, I don't answer the phone anyway...

I guess this is what happens when more customers are dropping their landlines and going mobile.

The court said that the expanded definition the FCC used for an autodialer was too broad. The ruling is a win for banks and credit card companies that say they were afraid of racking up penalties for calling their customers.

Federal court says FCC robocall rules criminalized anyone with a smartphone

Here's one for you. Right after I "hang up", (there's a term that will get lost in time) from a call I get the "seeing how you stayed at one of our resorts, have we got a deal for you". This is like 3 out of 5 times. Like they know I'm by my phone because I was just on it. I did get it to stop by wading through all the prompts and when it got to my income I said I was disabled collecting SS barely making ends meet.

I have a google voice number. Boy does that number get buzzed all the time. I use that to respond to Craigslist ads and such that don't list there numbers. And I have a throw away Email for all those businesses discounts that want your email. Should of seen the look of the Snap-On dude when he asked for my email, "reallyareyouamoron" was my reply.

I have noticed a huge uptick in the number of spam calls I'm getting in the recent weeks.

I have noticed a huge uptick in the number of spam calls I'm getting in the recent weeks.
Same here. My Contact named "Spammers" is growing rapidly (I add all spam callers to that Contact name and have it set to go straight to voicemail).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back