More Siri like than Iris: Vlingo Virtual Assistant

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Decided to give it a try- love it so far. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

megraven21

Reaction score
I have been using Vlingo for about 4 months and i love it. It has given me a little bit of issues with the ability to send texts handsfree but I still love it. I haven't used anything else but that says alot. I havent needed to try anything else.

One thing I'd REALLY like to know is, how do you contact the developer? I went to the website to try to send a message and after I typed it all in and pressed send, it gave me an error. No email address attached to the market. This frustrates me. I do LOVE the app, tho!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
Vlingo has been my go to app for a long time if I need to know something like where pizza hut is in a foreign town, or if I need to tell my GF I'll be there in 15 mins without pulling over to safely text, or if I want to know whats the best place to eat when I'm in the mood for mexican. The only thing I have ever found wrong with Vlingo is that somestimes, say I want to find the closest walmart, and I search it, it will give me results on walmarts that have closed, or moved, and the addresses are out of date. But thats just a data base error, and will probably be corrected in time. I give it a 9/10 overall.

khedrick56

Reaction score
How do you make vlingo default for voice commands

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking about but I'm not sure it's what you're asking about:
Android 2.2 or higher:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Voice input & output
3. Select Vlingo under the Voice Recognizer drop down