More minimal apps.

Soccy

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and been looking for an app or widgets that give system info text only no icons. My phone isn't rooted, Hell its my first Droid and I'm hooked. I just want to make my desktop look nicer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

lyam

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and been looking for an app or widgets that give system info text only no icons. My phone isn't rooted, Hell its my first Droid and I'm hooked. I just want to make my desktop look nicer. Any ideas? Thanks.

There are plenty of popular text based widgets. I'd check out Minimalistic Text first. It's extremely customizable. Can display data about Weather, Battery, Time, Date, Custom Text, and combined with Tasker, it can now display any data you can drop into a Tasker variable. And there is a ton of system data you can drop into Tasker variables (not to mention anything you can parse from the web using HTTP GET).

Some others:

Minimalistic Widget - The big daddy
Tajm - time/date
Clockr - time
BattStat - Battery

Last edited:

kevdog

Reaction score
simi clock is also great -- it might not be totally minimalistic, but I think its cool.

OP
S

Soccy

Reaction score
I picked up min text quickly. Is tasker that powerful? I read adw launcher ex was a must have and I got it. I have my theme all set up and was just missing meters. I guess I will just buy tasker and think about it later. Also are there any minimal media player widgets? I've looked and looked. Or maybe tasker and min text can give me what I want?

harrellj

Reaction score
Tasker is incredibly powerful. I have basic profiles on mine: turns off wifi when my calendar has work (and turns it back on afterwards), turns up my media volume when I plug in my headphones (and mutes it when they get unplugged) and a simple wifi switch at night as well based on time. Athere's a thread on the forum of people's profiles with it, plus lifehacker.com had a few on their site and the official wiki has some too.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
S

Soccy

Reaction score
Awesome, ill get tasker then. I found a media widget that's just like minimalistic text its called phantom music control. Great forums here!