[MOD] HD 1080p Netflix APP!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

162077_178887972139447_1260240_q.jpg

Good News for you Netflix subscribers and maybe some of you that have yet to decide to subscribe! Are you tired of the pixelated image on your phone when watching netflix content? A moddified version of the Netflix app has been posted over at xda. This is not the official version of the netflix app and is not supported by Netflix. If you have a phone with an HD screen ie the HTC Rezound, or the Galaxy Nexus why not take advantage of that great feature and stream some true 1080p content to it?! It should be noted that this is not working on 4.0.3 but will work for the official 4.0.2 version of ICS on the Galaxy Nexus and should work on all versions for the Rezound and other devices. Most users have reported a very noticeable enhancement to video quality using this app! MacPro88 has posted the link on our forums.

Download and discuss this Mod here!

shanimal92

Reaction score
Uhm... Is this the same Netflix app that was posted a month ago on xda?

EDIT: It is...

Last edited:

Dorian

Reaction score
I can only imagine how much data this would use over LTE... whoa. Those with caps beware!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shanimal92.. yes same mod. I discovered this today and figured others might have missed it as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine how much data this would use over LTE... whoa. Those with caps beware!

Yes. I would recommend wifi only unless you were grandfathered into Unlimited 4g like me!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I would recommend wifi only unless you were grandfathered into Unlimited 4g like me!

i'd hate to imagine how slow it might be on 3g and if it would be noticeable on a non-hd device (droid 1 lol)

Dorian

Reaction score
i'd hate to imagine how slow it might be on 3g and if it would be noticeable on a non-hd device (droid 1 lol)

Actually, I'm ok with the current video quality without HD. I just want the audio bitrate raised. Right now it's something pitiful like 64kbps. Soo flippin' watery.

busab

Reaction score
Why 1080? Why not 720? Wouldn't it make more sense to stream at the phones native resolution thus having a 1:1 pixel ratio rather than making the phone downsize the content?

Just wondering.

Sent from my Droid Razr using yo moma.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why 1080? Why not 720? Wouldn't it make more sense to stream at the phones native resolution thus having a 1:1 pixel ratio rather than making the phone downsize the content?

Just wondering.

Sent from my Droid Razr using yo moma.

probably for anyone that would hook their phone to an hdtv or in case future phones come in 1080p resolution

djspy

Reaction score
I installed and it works great. Streaming on 3G and the picture looks awesome. Plus it does take up the whole screen.

djspy

Reaction score
OK since this is a month old app I guess it was built on an old version of Netflix since I just got an update notification of the December 15th update. Is the developer of the app going to continue work on it?

x25064

Reaction score
didn't work on my phone when I tried it a month ago

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Have to love our Droid community. Remember to thank and support the Dev's, Modders, Themers, Staff, and most of all our members for making the community that it has become without you none of this would be possible