MMS Picture Size

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that when you add a photo to a conversation to send an MMS, the image is really small? Is there anyway around this?

On my Droid 1, I could send photos @ their full size.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

solar

Reaction score
it should show up viewable in full size even if it looks smaller to you. using handcent you can long press on the message and choose "view flat slidshow" and it will show a larger version.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
it should show up viewable in full size even if it looks smaller to you. using handcent you can long press on the message and choose "view flat slidshow" and it will show a larger version.

Nope, its not. I've tested this in GoSMS and the stock Text Messaging app and both are the same. If I click on the image to view it, its small. If I long press and save it to my sdcard and then view the saved image, its still small.

Anyone else?

solar

Reaction score
if thats the case then its the source file or the way you are attaching/converting it when using whatever program you're using. I don't have that issue and I haven't seen it on any other D2 i've worked on.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
if thats the case then its the source file or the way you are attaching/converting it when using whatever program you're using. I don't have that issue and I haven't seen it on any other D2 i've worked on.

Sorry but, again, no. The source file is fine. The original image shows @ full resolution in my Gallery and when downloaded to my desktop.

When inserting it into the message I am using the following (standard) methods:

In GoSMS - Add > Pictures
In stock Text Messaging app - Insert > Picture

Try it with your stock Text Messaging app and see if you can duplicate.

solar

Reaction score
I did try it with both my stock sms app and with handcent. when I click on it, it opens in full screen, regardless of which app I use to attach the file.

Like I said if it works as designed on my phone and the dozen or so android phones I've been working with lately, there has to be some different with
1) the method used (which you say is not the case or
2) a system setting or behavior of the system processes handling the UI commands.

it could very well be one of those "unexplainable bugs" that resolved itself with a wipe. I've seen those many times. don't what else to tell you. I don't have all the answers, i'm just trying to help people out.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I did try it with both my stock sms app and with handcent. when I click on it, it opens in full screen, regardless of which app I use to attach the file.

Like I said if it works as designed on my phone and the dozen or so android phones I've been working with lately, there has to be some different with
1) the method used (which you say is not the case or
2) a system setting or behavior of the system processes handling the UI commands.

it could very well be one of those "unexplainable bugs" that resolved itself with a wipe. I've seen those many times. don't what else to tell you. I don't have all the answers, i'm just trying to help people out.

No worries. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've figured it out . . . sort of.

It wasn't a system setting or the method by which I was adding them. It turns out to be a bug with the stock Gallery. I thought I would try something different so, I have the stock 2.1 Gallery installed too. I tried inserting a photo from there and it works fine.

solar

Reaction score
ha. that figures. there seem to be a bevy of bugs with the motoblur version of the OS. good times. thanks for the update.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
ha. that figures. there seem to be a bevy of bugs with the motoblur version of the OS. good times. thanks for the update.

Yeah. They are especially noticeable coming from a nice clean Droid 1 :)

Thanks again