MMS Pictures distorted - Please Help!

atoddvr6

Reaction score
Hello,

First post. I am new to Android and I have a SGS3. My previous phone was an iphone 4 and so far I like what I see and what Android can do. I realized after signing up that this is a Verizon forum (I'm on AT&T) but I am hoping that some one can help me anyway!

My question: I am using the stock MMS app and every time I send a photo to my wife, who has the iphone, the picture she gets is physically squashed. It doesn't matter what orientation the picture was taken in. Obviously, when I go to the gallery, the photo (ex: a horizontal photo) looks fine. As soon as I tap the message icon it shows a square thumbnail with the photo squashed. If I hit preview, it shows the photo even MORE squashed into a vertical photo! Why?

I haven't had any other trouble sending pictures in general. The camera is set to 8mp and I don't know of any MMS settings for this problem. I understand that the pics need to be compressed, so why would they also be "compressed"???? Am I wrong for thinking that I shouldn't have to install an app just to send pictures correctly? If that is what I have to do then I will. I'm just saying it's ridiculous that this is happening. I have searched and searched and have found some posts but none of them have any answers.

My final rant: I shouldn't have to install a third party MMS app because one of the most powerful and sophisticated phones on the planet should be able to send a flippin photo without distorting it.:angry:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My apologies for acting this way. I am just so frustrated. I really hope that there is a way around this.

OP
A

atoddvr6

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas? Tips, tricks, hacks, apps?

OP
A

atoddvr6

Reaction score
Ok, so I went back to the store twice. The first day they told me to do a factory reset. That didn't help. The second day they did some testing. They took some pictures and sent them to their phones and they turned out just fine! So I assumed that it was fixed.

Well, I took another photo a few days later and tried to send it and it previewed distorted and sent that way. But then, just for the heck of it, I rotated the phone 180 degrees so that the camera was on my left and took another photo. When I tried sending it it previewed and sent perfectly!

So, it seems that the phone has to be turned so that the camera is on the left side of your body? I haven't heard of that anywhere. I was so used to the camera being on the right side that I didn't think about rotating it. Could it still be a problem with the phone?