MMS message won't send

Metzler0407

Reaction score
Ever since I switched from the iPhone to the G4 I am having a hard time sending MMS messages. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a setting? Are my pictures too big? When I try to send, it keeps "sending". Like it's trying, but then fails. I'm on Verizon network. I have bars, on wi-fi and 4G. Please help! :blink:

TvVoice

Reaction score
I don't think it's your settings or your phone that's the problem. My galaxy s4 started doing the same thing yesterday. I cannot send MMS messages, but I can send SMS messages. I'm going to contact Verizon and find out if there's anything they can do to fix the problem.

TvVoice

Reaction score
UPDATE...
I rebooted my phone and now I can send MMS messages without a problem.

luddy

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with my S4. Since I got a few weeks ago I have only ever been able to send 1 MMS message successfully. All attempts have been sent to the same Verizon phone. I thought maybe it was the size.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The s4 has an issue with the hand-off between mobile data and wifi.... Sometimes when we're on wifi and switch to mobile to send an mms the phone still thinks it's on wifi and vzw's lovely network does not support mms over wifi. It's an issue that effects most but not all.... Some have reported that 3rd party apps work better with switching between wifi and mobile data.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

luddy

Reaction score
I rebooted the phone and now it works. At least for 1 MMS message, haven't tried any more at this time.

jreilly37

Reaction score
I had issues with MMS when using Handcent. I sent the same pic using the built in Messaging app and it worked fine.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Some people have reported success using Go SMS. A previous post suggested certain 3rd party apps were better at this; this might be one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
MMS on my Note was wonky also so I gave Go SMS a try and it never misses. Wifi or 4G

lealaken

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ever since I switched from the iPhone to the G4 I am having a hard time sending MMS messages. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a setting? Are my pictures too big? When I try to send, it keeps "sending". Like it's trying, but then fails. I'm on Verizon network. I have bars, on wi-fi and 4G. Please help! :blink:
I had this problem on my Galaxy S4 with two different carriers and I was on the phone more times than I can remember trying to fix it....but I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem. This is what fixed mine: Remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS STILL ON, leave it out for about 5 minutes, and replace the battery. Turn the phone back on and then try sending a MMS pic message to YOURSELF. Just send the pic message to your own phone number. Once it sends successfully (hopefully it will) try sending to others. This worked for me and I really hope it helps someone else. This issue frustrated me for well over a year. And if it starts messing up again, just do this again. Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to know: If you are using a lower cost cell network (anything other than the big guys like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) you HAVE to turn off WiFi in order to send pic MMS messages!!!! And of course, make sure your mobile data is turned on.