MMS Issues

EliseAbril

Reaction score
I have a RAZR xt925 and, since buying it, have been unable to both send and receive MMS messages of any kind. I've tried every solution in every forum I could find for days now, including factory resets, messing with the APNs and going through the Network Data under Phone Information. Nothing has worked.

When I try to send a picture, it asks me if I want to resize the image, so I select yes, and immediately afterward get a message that the file size is too large. This happens even if I am sending tiny files. When I try to send a group message, it just shows the sending error forever and the recipients never get it.

When I receive either a picture or a group message, the text shows a download button. After selecting this and either waiting a few minutes or pressing it ten times in a row in frustration, I get an alert that says "Message not received". I do have the auto-receive options turned on.

Does anyone know of anything I can do?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

There are 2 things you can try.

1. Call your carrier and verify that your message center settings are correct.

2. Pull the sim out, wait 2 minutes and replace it.

Let us know if that works.

OP
E

EliseAbril

Reaction score

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Could it be a compatibility issue with the RAZR and T Mobile network? I am assuming that T Mobile provided you with a good SIM? Also, when trying to send or receive MMS, do you have good network strength & have Mobile Data enabled? Not sure about T Mobile, but with Verizon, all MMS messages use the cell network (data) even when WiFi is on.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
E

EliseAbril

Reaction score
Could it be a compatibility issue with the RAZR and T Mobile network? I am assuming that T Mobile provided you with a good SIM? Also, when trying to send or receive MMS, do you have good network strength & have Mobile Data enabled? Not sure about T Mobile, but with Verizon, all MMS messages use the cell network (data) even when WiFi is on.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Okay, I hit *#*#4636#*#* and changed my preferred network to GSM auto and was able to send a picture but I'm still not receiving them.

OP
E

EliseAbril

Reaction score
That did the trick eventually! Thanks for the help!