[MM Themes] For CM 5.0.7

Samurai26

Reaction score
i just heard on the CM irc that Smoked Glass is only working on 5071 through update.zip... not through MM

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
i just heard on the CM irc that Smoked Glass is only working on 5071 through update.zip... not through MM

I have been on the road all day so I just now updated to 5.0.7.1... I was able to apply the Smoked Glass-Esque MM Theme without a hitch... So I am not sure what is happening on your device Samurai...

The version of this that can only be update via update.zip includes the text colors... I have stripped this theme down to just the PNG picture files, so it will not interfere with the settings that needed to be implemented for Spare Parts to be able to update the Clock and Notification colors...

Does anyone else have any ideas?

jraggio

Reaction score
Can somebody here explain what all the colors are for? The names are not obvious to me (ex. "no notification color" or "clear notifications color" "ticker" etc.). Also, please confirm that we are unable to change the color of the notification bar itself.

Thanks,
John

Notifications ticker color is the color of the text that scrolls when u first get a notification...

No notifications title color is the color of the text that states you have no notifications...

Clear notifications lable color is the color of the text on the clear button...

Ongoing notifications title color is the color of the titles of your ongoing notifications... such as task killer running in the background.

Latest notifications title color is self explanitory, as are most of the others...

Don't forget... your clock and date cand carrier colors are in General...

Thanks much Maine. Is it possible to change the color of the status bar itself? Without that, being able to change the color of the text is sort of limited.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Can somebody here explain what all the colors are for? The names are not obvious to me (ex. "no notification color" or "clear notifications color" "ticker" etc.). Also, please confirm that we are unable to change the color of the notification bar itself.

Thanks,
John

Notifications ticker color is the color of the text that scrolls when u first get a notification...

No notifications title color is the color of the text that states you have no notifications...

Clear notifications lable color is the color of the text on the clear button...

Ongoing notifications title color is the color of the titles of your ongoing notifications... such as task killer running in the background.

Latest notifications title color is self explanitory, as are most of the others...

Don't forget... your clock and date cand carrier colors are in General...

Thanks much Maine. Is it possible to change the color of the status bar itself? Without that, being able to change the color of the text is sort of limited.

The color of the status bar itself is controlled by the png picture files of the theme, so changing it by altering settings is not possible. Limiting as it may be, the default text color is black and is nearly impossible to read on many themes without changing it. Usually it is changed by the theme when applied... however since koush so nicely included a version I of spare parts that could allow the user to change it it makes sense to let the user have fun.

Also, spare parts was updated once again in 5.0.7.1 to allow the choice of any color not just those in a list... way cool.:icon_ banana:

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you have done and posting this here droid_maine! The only thing I request is that you make sure no theme devs will get upset w/ their theme being posted here. Other than that keep it up man!

I would have appreciated you at least telling me you were going to do this. I've seen people talking about SGE MM in other threads and thought they meant someone else's SG mini-port. Also, you stated that SGE includes text colors which it now does not with the current version for 5.0.7.1. You can keep hosting/updating it. Just next time let me know.

For everyone else: Just remember that the MM and RomManager versions are not upkept by the same person, so when trying to find answers to problems make sure you state which you used. Also note that I usually try to update SGE in RomManager within a day of new CyanogenMod releases.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you have done and posting this here droid_maine! The only thing I request is that you make sure no theme devs will get upset w/ their theme being posted here. Other than that keep it up man!

I would have appreciated you at least telling me you were going to do this. I've seen people talking about SGE MM in other threads and thought they meant someone else's SG mini-port. Also, you stated that SGE includes text colors which it now does not with the current version for 5.0.7.1. You can keep hosting/updating it. Just next time let me know.

For everyone else: Just remember that the MM and RomManager versions are not upkept by the same person, so when trying to find answers to problems make sure you state which you used. Also note that I usually try to update SGE in RomManager within a day of new CyanogenMod releases.

Please accept my sincerest apologies on this...

After JRummy posted his recommendations I did manage to talk with pandroid to make sure I could continue to post the Drop Theme, but I had not had a chance to catch up with you yet...

Thank you for allowing me to continue to host your work... I will update the OP to reflect your request that people not to seek your support for the MM version the theme.

For the rest of the community:

Please learn from this...

As you can see, it can be so easy to get caught up in the excitement of trying help this amazingly generous community of Droid fans that you can inadvertently step on a few toes in the process...

Please keep checking on my original post, as there is more to come.... With full permissions of course... :icon_ banana:

May God bless you all...

xconwayx

Reaction score
I am currently running CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1. I Also just applied the latest Drop Theme Beta6 BLUE. I have attempted this multiple times with the same issue. My phone gets rebooted after MetaMorph finishes and I get Messaging App Force Close as soon as the phone comes up and I am unable to fix this. I read in the guide something about reapplying framework res with MM again. I am unable to complete that task. I simply can not figure it out. If anyone has any answers, it would be much appreciated!

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
I am currently running CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1. I Also just applied the latest Drop Theme Beta6 BLUE. I have attempted this multiple times with the same issue. My phone gets rebooted after MetaMorph finishes and I get Messaging App Force Close as soon as the phone comes up and I am unable to fix this. I read in the guide something about reapplying framework res with MM again. I am unable to complete that task. I simply can not figure it out. If anyone has any answers, it would be much appreciated!

Ok so I am 600 miles from home with no computer so help is limited, but there is something u can try... go into the files on your SD Card and navigate to the Androidathemes folder then the Drop Theme folder...

Check framework-res and make sure there are no xml files in any of the sub-folders...

If that doesn't work then you may be best to install the latest full ROM from ROM Manager. Long as you are coming from 5.0.7.x no wipe is needed.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Greeting from Washington DC!

Unfortunatelty due to some changes that need to be made to my MM version of pandroid's drop theme, I have pulled down the link to that download. I will not be home to access my computer until the 7th, so to reduce frusteration it was easier to just temporarily pull it down.

When I return I have a few themes of my own that I want to work on, and will build them to work with whatever the current version of CM is at the time. In fact, it is my hope to be able to post versions for both CM and BB, which should please the largest sector of this community.

Until then, hope you all have a blast...

-Droid Maine