MixZing Lite is Awesome!

digerati

Reaction score
I hated the stock music player so I downloaded mixzing and meridian to see which one I liked better when I first got my droid. I HATED mixzing lite and used meridian instead until about a week ago. I was using mixzing to browse artists and I didn't really like how it worked, but I decided to give it another try after the latest meridian update and I noticed that it had imported my playlists from meridian. This is where the true power of mixzing lies, in the playlists! I had one with about fifteen songs and it recommends songs and automatically adds them into the playlist's play queue. You can then either hit the 'like' button or just listen to the song all the way through and it adds it to your playlists permanently. It then recommends and adds more songs into the queue based on your likes and dislikes. It also was the only music player that downloaded all the correct album art for my pretty obscure collection. I now have a playlist with about 75 of my favorite songs all with album art!

I just wanted to share my awesome experience with everyone! :icon_ banana:

Boni2k

Reaction score
You might also want to try Museek. It analyses your music collection against last.fm and has a very interesting suggestion feature built in. It works just great. In my opinion the best music application in the market.

smixzing

Reaction score
I hated the stock music player so I downloaded mixzing and meridian to see which one I liked better when I first got my droid. I HATED mixzing lite and used meridian instead until about a week ago. I was using mixzing to browse artists and I didn't really like how it worked, but I decided to give it another try after the latest meridian update and I noticed that it had imported my playlists from meridian. This is where the true power of mixzing lies, in the playlists! I had one with about fifteen songs and it recommends songs and automatically adds them into the playlist's play queue. You can then either hit the 'like' button or just listen to the song all the way through and it adds it to your playlists permanently. It then recommends and adds more songs into the queue based on your likes and dislikes. It also was the only music player that downloaded all the correct album art for my pretty obscure collection. I now have a playlist with about 75 of my favorite songs all with album art!

Hi digerati -

Glad you like MixZing.

I am the developer and would be very interested in knowing why you disliked it in the first place. You can send us a email at [email protected] .

M1dnite

Reaction score

Hi digerati -

Glad you like MixZing.

I am the developer and would be very interested in knowing why you disliked it in the first place. You can send us a email at [email protected] .[/QUOTE

MixZing is amazing. I purchased the full version to support the developer. It's a great software. I love the widgit and speed of the app. It works very very well as my default music app!

drummerq

Reaction score

Hi digerati -

Glad you like MixZing.

I am the developer and would be very interested in knowing why you disliked it in the first place. You can send us a email at [email protected] .

not the dude u asked but just thought id say, your app is a good idea, I just dont like the UI that much, if UI was clean id defiantly like it better.

OP
digerati

digerati

Reaction score

Hi digerati -

Glad you like MixZing.

I am the developer and would be very interested in knowing why you disliked it in the first place. You can send us a email at [email protected] .[/QUOTE

MixZing is amazing. I purchased the full version to support the developer. It's a great software. I love the widgit and speed of the app. It works very very well as my default music app!

well i guess 'hate' may be a little strong. The main thing i dont like is that I cannot choose an artist and browse all their songs on all their albums, I have to go artist>albums>album1>songs then to see the rest of the songs on another album i have to artist>album1>songs<albums>album2>songs. And i know this is kind of a nitpick, but I wish there was a way to tap the album art (or long press) to pause it. O and maybe an option to show the album art next to the now playing option on the main screen. I REALLY love your product sand those are just my 2 cents, I think that this application is the best music app on android and everyone should have it. Thanks for your hard work and concern for your users!

bleys121

Reaction score
I don't like the way Mixzing makes playlists on its own, it made playlists our of random albums I had on the droid. I'm not sure why it did that. I also don't like the UI; it is not very intuitive when playing an album, and then trying to go select a different album from someone else. The navigation was not very easy, like a music player should be. For me it's Btunes FTW as best paid music app and then Mixzing as the best free if you don't want to dish out the 1$.

nmccready

Reaction score
I can make some suggestions. BTW great app!
Add the following:

- Song Rating , system like Zune Love it, ok, or hate it - would make your auto playlist function better
- Add the ability to read different play llist types (.wpl would be nice), maybe even a converter, this goes for syncing too as I use windows media player to send the music to the droid.

skyrog

Reaction score
I too am a fan of MixZing. My questions is, I like to edit the song's title, album, etc. When I connect my Droid X to the computer and use Verizon V Cast Media manager, I can edit everything I want. However when I disconnect the Droid, the songs remain unedited/unchanged. Does anyone know how I can edit the songs on my Droid? Thanks.

jonnyace

Reaction score
In case the developer is still reading this thread... I have been using MixZing for a year. Find that it is the best Android MP3 player. However:

1. Recent versions seemed to have slowed down. I am using latest update, on HTC Legend. Legend by itself is slow, but MixZing on Legend has become noticeably slower recently.

2. Sent my phone for repair and lost all apps and had to reinstall. My MP3 collection is intact, but all playlists are lost. Playlists should be stored on SD card and not wiped out like that.

3. Moving MixZing to SD Card makes the useful widgets disappear, so I choose not to move MixZing to SD Card (which is probably why I lost the playlists as mentioned above).

4. MixZing should not create playlists by default nor add its selection to playlists.

5. When playing a song, you can view all songs on Album or by Artist, but the second option displays all songs on all albums in a single long list, which can be too many. Should be able to go from All Songs by Artist -> Select Album -> Select Song in Album

6. I occasionally get some message like: All Playlists have disappeared, do you wish to recover? If I choose Yes, I get duplicate playlists: they were not really lost in the first place.

7. Finally, I think it would be very nice to have a Jukebox function: start playing a song. Browse for other songs and add to Now Playing list to be played immediately after current song. Right now, it is added somewhere within the list with current album items or recommended items, etc and it is hard to delete all these other stuff from the list.

Hope this feedback is useful to make MixZing even better!

cp24eva

Reaction score
In case the developer is still reading this thread... I have been using MixZing for a year. Find that it is the best Android MP3 player. However:

1. Recent versions seemed to have slowed down. I am using latest update, on HTC Legend. Legend by itself is slow, but MixZing on Legend has become noticeably slower recently.

2. Sent my phone for repair and lost all apps and had to reinstall. My MP3 collection is intact, but all playlists are lost. Playlists should be stored on SD card and not wiped out like that.

3. Moving MixZing to SD Card makes the useful widgets disappear, so I choose not to move MixZing to SD Card (which is probably why I lost the playlists as mentioned above).

4. MixZing should not create playlists by default nor add its selection to playlists.

5. When playing a song, you can view all songs on Album or by Artist, but the second option displays all songs on all albums in a single long list, which can be too many. Should be able to go from All Songs by Artist -> Select Album -> Select Song in Album

6. I occasionally get some message like: All Playlists have disappeared, do you wish to recover? If I choose Yes, I get duplicate playlists: they were not really lost in the first place.

7. Finally, I think it would be very nice to have a Jukebox function: start playing a song. Browse for other songs and add to Now Playing list to be played immediately after current song. Right now, it is added somewhere within the list with current album items or recommended items, etc and it is hard to delete all these other stuff from the list.

Hope this feedback is useful to make MixZing even better!

i used to use Mixzing. I like it, but it got a little slow for me and the playlist thing was a bit odd. Also uses up some data/processing when it goes out and searched for album are, biographies, etc. Still a good program. Is there a way to save a universal playlist file on any music app?