Mixed-up emails

doulatracy

Reaction score
When I download my email, sometimes the contents are from a completely different email. For example, the sender is a friend and the subject line is from the friend, but the contents are from WebProNews or some other newsletter. I've tried closing the email and reopening it, but it's still got the wrong contents.

The same emails also come to my desktop, so I know that it is combining two completely different emails because I can see them both, separately, on my desktop!

I also get a few emails every day on my Droid that are completely blank with the date December 31, 1969 at 4:00 p.m.

Is it just me???

edkocher

Reaction score
wrong email body text

Same thing here. I have 2 emails from my exchange account that have accurate headers, but the body of the email is from completely different emails that were sent to me several days ago. When I go to Outlook on my desktop, the emails are correct. I'm really beginning to think this device is not ready for primetime!

edkocher

Reaction score
I just spent almost an hour on the phone with Verizon and Motorola. The end result was that I had to delete my exchange account entirely, then create it from scratch. This solved the problem --- for now.

OP
D

doulatracy

Reaction score
Thanks -- can you post again in a few days to say if that's still working? I don't want to do that if the problem just comes back. My email worked for the first few days before the time warp and confused emails started to arrive.

OP
D

doulatracy

Reaction score
No -- it hasn't been resolved, but mostly because I've been to busy to take the time to do anything about it. I was hoping for a 'quick fix' here :)

girl1der

Reaction score
I just received my Droid on 12/31 and I'm having the same issue. On top of that, when I click on 1 message in the Combined Inbox or the individual account, message will open but the body will have the contents of another message. Today, I responded to a friend's email on 1 account but it forwarded the message body from another email message and account. I liked the features but this alone is enough to make me return to my blackberry.

knightshade

Reaction score
I've been unfortunate enough to see this about every 2 weeks or so.

I reset the email software, and rebuild the accounts - and all is well for a short time.

I've reached the point that I am looking into alternate email clients.

edkocher

Reaction score
Mixed up emails

The only solution to this is to remove your account and start from scratch. The long term resolution is to use Touchdown software to handle your exchange-based email. Best $20 I ever spent. Have used it for more than 6 months and I absolutely love it. I'm just waiting for them to release a POP3 client so I can resolve all my issues with personal email on my DROID.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The only solution to this is to remove your account and start from scratch. The long term resolution is to use Touchdown software to handle your exchange-based email. Best $20 I ever spent. Have used it for more than 6 months and I absolutely love it. I'm just waiting for them to release a POP3 client so I can resolve all my issues with personal email on my DROID.

I 100% agree with Touchdown as the way to go....Glad I got it for $10 :icon_ banana:

tim.homan

Reaction score
mixed up email bodies and headers and 1969 dates

My Droid has been acting oddly when it comes to managing email. My emails from my pop.bizmail account have recently started to present mismatched headers and bodies - I receive current header/subjects containing very old email content. Also, I have started to receive emails with the 12/31/1969 date - these emails have the correct date when I login my email account directly.
I completely deleted my pop.bizmail account - I then recreated the account only to immediately receive the same emails with the 1969 dates - WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE EMAIL ON THE Droid ???

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My Droid has been acting oddly when it comes to managing email. My emails from my pop.bizmail account have recently started to present mismatched headers and bodies - I receive current header/subjects containing very old email content. Also, I have started to receive emails with the 12/31/1969 date - these emails have the correct date when I login my email account directly.
I completely deleted my pop.bizmail account - I then recreated the account only to immediately receive the same emails with the 1969 dates - WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE EMAIL ON THE Droid ???

No need to cross post....http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...-email-headers-content-emails-1969-dates.html

insane_ai

Reaction score
The whole stock mail program is crap and I think there is an intermediary server involved. I have already returned my phone to stock twice hoping to fix the issues.
1. After deleting email from my Pop accounts on the web and Exchange accounts from Outlook, I end up with a second copy of emails on my phone, sometimes as late as the next day.
2. Mail from my POP accounts and Gmail are mixed up with each other. (MSN, Yahoo, GMAIL)
3. Exchange server connectivity fails requiring me to remove the account and set it back up. Considering I am the Admin for my Exchange server at work, I can reliably state that nothing in my firewalls or Exchange settins from the server had changed nor were there any updates applied that could cause these issues.
4. I am unable to remove email accounts from the email app. Using the My Accounts app fails when I attempt to open an existing account. (may be part of the source of the problems)