Mixed Album Art

k00ks

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 from an iPhone 4 so I'm still in my learning curve stage but I am so perplexed on my issue!
So for the past couple days I've gone through countless other threads from the internet about an album art issue where one album art is applied to all songs that do not have a specified album. At first I thought the problem was because I used Kies (horrible program oh my) to transfer music. So, I deleted everything and manually went through my 5000 songs and selected the ones I wanted and drag-and-dropped them onto my SD card. All was fine, songs that did not have an album just showed up with the blank cover art (which I would much prefer to a completely different album art!!) until, i suspect, i attempted to use WMP to transfer my iTunes playlists (which i found out did not work therefore I deleted all of them). I've tried changing all the album names to "Unknown" but Android will still apply one album art to all of them. I would much rather NOT do a manual change to a few hundred songs, is there any other way!? A lot of the songs that do not have an album have specific album art already placed on it (via iTunes as i just switched a week ago). I've even deleted the song whose album art the rest of the songs were grabbing from but it's still there... hahah

PS i have tried using iTag and attempting to remove the album art there but it doesnt save.
PSS. I have also tried to use a different music app rather than the stock one to no avail.
Thanks for any comments!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

There are several things going on here. The 1st thing that I would suggest is that you install JetAudio for your music. (you're right about Kies). The 2nd thing to consider is how are you going to make music available to your phone. If you're in a country that supports it you might consider signing up for Google Music. It will allow you to install a program on your PC that will synchronize all your iTunes music and the rest the music on your PC with the web. Then all your music will be available to you on your phone.

There are also a couple of apps that will allow you to synchronize music with your PC over your local network but the Google music suggestion is ultimately the best one.

If you want to transfer files to your phone from your PC I suggest you check out AirDroid from the Google store. However, transferring music to the ST card should work fine and using JetAudio, it will find the music automatically. Hope I've answered all your questions.

OP
K

k00ks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

There are several things going on here. The 1st thing that I would suggest is that you install JetAudio for your music. (you're right about Kies). The 2nd thing to consider is how are you going to make music available to your phone. If you're in a country that supports it you might consider signing up for Google Music. It will allow you to install a program on your PC that will synchronize all your iTunes music and the rest the music on your PC with the web. Then all your music will be available to you on your phone.

There are also a couple of apps that will allow you to synchronize music with your PC over your local network but the Google music suggestion is ultimately the best one.

If you want to transfer files to your phone from your PC I suggest you check out AirDroid from the Google store. However, transferring music to the ST card should work fine and using JetAudio, it will find the music automatically. Hope I've answered all your questions.

My apologies for such a late reply! I'm in the midst of signing up for Google Music right now. Kind of is a bummer that i'll never get 5 hours of my life back of sifting through my music collection artist by artist haha but if this can solve the issue I'm all smiles!
edit: Just signed into Google Play but it's saying i'm in an unsupported country, I'm up in Canada, less than a half hour drive from the US-Canada border, darn!!

I gotta ask, is there a reason why the album art is showing like that? I was just dragging-and-dropping? Will using a third-party app suffice is fixing it?
Thanks again!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for the album art issue. But unfortunately Google has seen fit to limit the countries where the Google Music syncing will work. I guess I should mention that. Your profile didn't say.

galaxySboner

Reaction score
I hope that you have resolved this issue, but if not or for anyone else with this issue Download Album Art Grabber! I had the same problem and this app allows you to remove the album art work for any song or album and also search for the correct art work and add it!