MIUI v4 for D2 (True ICS)

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Credits to BeansTown

[quote name='BeansTown106' timestamp='1330123403' post='504121']Mod Type:: ROMDifficulty:: EasyMod Base:: MIUIMod Status:: BetaApply In:: CWM RecoveryCarrier:: VerizonOptional:: Smali EditsRequires Root:: YesOptional:: DebloatedAndroid Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)Source::
htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI V4 Build 11

This is a community support ROM only!
The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
New release come every Friday.

I have just recently joined MIUI.us so im redoing the op nice and professional.
This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 4.0.3, and in the past week this rom has come a long way im currently using it as my dailly driver

Changes from base ROM

Added: alogcat | GoogleMaps | SuperUser | Motorolla Phone Portal
If you want ADW.Launcher, LauncherPro, or any other Launcher install them from Market.

MIUI V4 Build11 for

Motorolla Droid 2
this release is brought to you by BeansTown106 and MIUI.us

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REPORTING ANY BUGS.

.1. Download Warning Size
to fix this open up the download app and hit menu button and goto Settings make file limit size 10mb and turn off warning.

2. Ringtone change
to change ringtone you have to launch the theme app and goto customize and select ringtone from there (this is only for system ringtones if u want to use a custom one you have to put in system folder) this will be fixed soon

3. Camcorder and Panoramic
At this Point the camera works fine but the camcorder and Panoramic option are bugged credits for the cam fix to Jon

4. *228
for some reason *228 doesnt work but *228+ does the same thing and works

LATEST RELEASE:

Please do not remove any of the apps built into the rom we have removed all bloat. If you infact remove something and your phone starts force closing. DO NOT REPORT YOUR BUGS BECAUSE YOU DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
things to know are the download fix and how to set the ringtone both as stated above..

Latest Release HERE
http://goo.gl/SIECC
***All Latest Downloads will be posted through My MIUI.us thread ***

Follow me on Twitter @BeansTown106

**If you like what I do please Buy Me a Beer Or add to My Phone Fund for Future Phones You Decide {link is on my MIUI.us Profile}*
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM PLEASE DO A FULL WIPE BEFORE FLASHING! THIS INCLUDES WIPING SYSTEM!
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM MY PREVIOUS WEEKS ROM IS IT OK TO FLASH OVER BY JUST WIPING ( i will let you know otherwise.. But if you are experiencing bugs DO A FULL WIPE BEFORE REPORTING ANY..)
CACHE AND DAVLIK BEFORE FLASHING ROM.
THIS ROM INCLUDES A UPDATER.APK FOR EASING WEEKLY UPDATES (Dont use atm Coming Soon!)

Build 11 - CHANGELOG

-Fixed Background on First Boot
-Added Live Wallpapers
-Intergrated MIUI.us Apps
-added governors but they are not yet active..
-fixed MMS's not sending for verizon added in the apns
-Fixed installing APK F/C
-Added 6Pt MultiTouch
-Fixed Compass

Credits-

Cm9 and x13thangelx for base, MIUI.us for the obvious :), Bobcaurso for cdma fix on dx which carried over to d2, wizardof0s for all his help and for the fabulous bootmenu he has made which i hope to integrate in the future, wiui for the original comparison which got me started in this all, markhoj for always helping me out and data cricket for helping with d2g​
[/quote]

Last edited:
OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I want to too, but seems like he's too busy trying to get most of the things working

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a lot of interest in MIUI. I can't wait to try this out.

TehGods

Reaction score
Cant wait until he actually gets this fully working. Its definitely going to be my daily driver once finished.

Sent from my Gingercream Sandwiched Droid 2

Reaction score
Miui v4 is actually Ice Cream Sandwich, all the other ones don't play like ICS like Miui 2.2.10

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

So it's ICS with an MIUI theme? or is it MIUI with the ICS framework?

Edi: nevermind, I flashed it to look and it was ics framework with miui for the system. I was looking for something ics to run until Iget source going. Ill keep looking around. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
so what is the difference between this one and the other miui?

This is MIUI with Ice Cream Sandwich frameworks and the other one is mainly Gingerbread

ICS one doesn't play well like the GB one but both are pretty stable

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4