Miui bugs

ksalce

Reaction score
After flashing the latest update, my camera doesn't work and I can't play videos at all from youtube. I'm sure there are other bugs but this sucks lol. I'm really hoping they release a fix for this soon. Anyone know anything about how to fix these issues?

on the miui shiz

duyna

Reaction score
Seems the problems have not been addressed in this update. Non functional camera, loss of service after a while, and bluetooth not staying connected
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
as always use at your own risk but people have flashed this update using cwr and the camera is now working.
reference: [ROM][8.5.11][MIUI.us OFFICIAL] MIUI4D2 1.8.5 - Page 38

Thank you very much montecarlo. I just noticed this today and flashed it and it worked pefectly fixing the camera and youtube issue. I don't know about the bluetooth issue as I don't use the bluetooth really but the 2 main issues that I noticed were fixed so it works for me :). Thanks again sir.

on the miui shiz

troutbeck27

Reaction score
Camera and youtube work for me. I installed both the update and patch before trying anything.

However if the past my pictures have always been stored in "myalbum" on the sd card.

They aren't showing up there though when I have my phone plugged into my computer.

Does anyone know if they are stored else where?

papp_e

Reaction score
its not really a bug but we used to have the option to remove the verizon wireless banner in the status bar but thats gone now. Also the option to turn off wallpaper scrolling is gone as well. That verizon banner is annoying as hell...

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
its not really a bug but we used to have the option to remove the verizon wireless banner in the status bar but thats gone now. Also the option to turn off wallpaper scrolling is gone as well. That verizon banner is annoying as hell...

Those options were available after flashing the extended options patch for miui in cwr. I'm not sure if it works with this current version of miui but if you really want those options, you could try flashing it and see if it works. Id just make a backup first before doing it just incase. If you don't have the file, you might have to do some searching for it on google or these forums. Hope this helps.

Edit: I found the patch here. The dev hasn't updated to the latest version of miui yet so I would keep checking here til he updates it. According to the post, expect an update anyday after today. http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

on the miui shiz

Reaction score
So has anyone found a fix for the loss of service after a while on the new update. I had to restore a backup because I kept losing service.

papp_e

Reaction score
I dont have that problem, but I did see on the official thread that RedFlea has the problem as well. What were your steps to installing and which version did you grab (rommanager or website)?

Reaction score
I was on 1.7.22. I got the update from the website. Did a data wipe and cache wipe. Installed and everything was fine except camera and the fact that after a while I lost signal

papp_e

Reaction score
so you werent on 1.7.22.1? I was on the .1 patch, and downloaded from rom manager. I also wiped data and cache, but also dalvik cache. Maybe thats your problem because I cant see the problem coming from downloading the new rom from either the website or rom manager making the difference, nor can I see being on 1.7.22 or 1.7.22.1 making the difference.

duyna

Reaction score
Also other than the original angry birds it all ways force closes, guess its not compatible?

Jareth

Reaction score
Ok... one of the forums has a revert for the camera that gets the camera AND videos to work... but one nagging problem... I still can't sync my bluetooth earpiece with 1.8.5