Miracast device

Archangel1972

Reaction score
Just looking to get a Miracast adapter ( for my Droid Maxx )

Anyone have any thoughts I have looked around adn so far everything I seem to look at has 4 reviews 2 horrible 1 awesome and 1 middle of the road. prices seem to be between 50 and 90$.

Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

Last edited:

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I Just bought a Chromecast thinking it would be Miracast compatible. It's not! Hope this helped

Big D

Reaction score
I've played with the Netgear PTV 3000 for a bit. It's pretty slick although the playback with Netflix, for instance, isn't super clean. A little fuzzy. I'm not sure why. Is it the limitations of the dual core processor? Is it firmware or hardware on the Netgear side? I dunno.

It seems like it has incredible potential but I wasn't impressed with the quality of the picture in the end. Locally stored playback may be an entirely different story.

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
Due to a powering down issue with my new Maxx that I got last thursday I brought it back to the store and got very lucky as it powered down by itself right in front of the store personal. I got it replaced and while replacing it I spoke with them about Miracast dongles and what they had. They actually used with a Maxx a push2tv device in store they had 2 in the store but sold one and were using the other as a demo. All the guys agreed it worked VERY well with the verizon NFL mobile app on the Maxx.
So I am probably going to go with one of those devices.
Thank you for the input.

-Arch

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
I picked up the Netgear push2tv device so far it is working great.

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
I did youtube and netflix no issues. Gonna try NFL tomorrow

Big D

Reaction score
You guys don't find the picture from stuff like Netflix to be really fuzzy with that ptv 3000?

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
Nope it blurred a couple of times when I put my phone too far away but as long as I was close enough it was fine

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
Follow up for NFL red zone it was blurry but so was phone .. TV was slightly less quality then phone but still watchable

cjj2d

Reaction score
my dad has a S3 and he is able to just touch a picture and it comes up on his tv, he didnt have to do anything special either. But my Maxx does not. Is using a Miracast dongle the only way to accomplish this?

Does the Chromecast work well?
May look at the netgear unit also.

OP
A

Archangel1972

Reaction score
How did you connect your phone to the device? I've tried different apps and even my Wi-Fi connection and nothing works.

if you flip the clock there are two buttons to puch the lower one is for connecting to mirracast devices if yours is plugged in and plugged into the tv it should see it and ask to connect similar to bluetooth. once connected you should see your screen on the tv.