Minor bug

drpaul07

Reaction score
Actually don't know if you'd even consider it a bug but..

When you hold the power button, and you press the reboot option, it gives you 3 choices: normal reboot, boot to recovery, or boot into bootloader. The first two options work; the bootloader option however just does a normal reboot.

I can still get to the bootloader by turning phone off, then pressing power and up on the d-pad, but not using CM's reboot setting. I just noticed this when flashing an sbf to change my boot logo.

Jamb

Reaction score
Not sure, I kinda like the little bat(for those who thought it was an M,lol) that comes on when i power up my droid!

OP
D

drpaul07

Reaction score
quick boot app also does not boot into bootloader (it will just do a normal reboot; reboot and boot into recovery works). hmm..don't know if this is a CM issue or if this occurs on all roms? I guess the only way to do it is manually by pressing power and up key. not a big deal, just trying to figure it out.

OP
D

drpaul07

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. I wonder why they're given as an option if they don't work. Not a huge problem anyway though, I just wanted to see if it was happening to others too. And yeah, i guess compcache doesn't work unless you change the 20userinit file yourself.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It might be something leftover in the code from another port of the ROM. CyanogenMod's code is quite popular to kang (in response to it not working in other ROMs), and CM itself is ported to how many devices now? It might work on one, not on the others. I know it's not because of the 2C. 7C. bootloader because I still have the 2C. 6C. bootloader.

I'm running a Chevy kernel so I'll have to wait till he gets it fixed before I can get compcache running. What got me was it wasn't even an option with the stock kernel under the 9/17 nightly build.