Minimum Brightness

microsnook

Reaction score
Can anyone make the brightness go lower on the D2?
Cyanogen and many other D1 roms now include patches to lower the min brightness to level 2 or so, and I was wondering if this could be possible for us too. The lower display assists greatly w/ battery life.
If anyone can do this, that'd be great!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
Can anyone make the brightness go lower on the D2?
Cyanogen and many other D1 roms now include patches to lower the min brightness to level 2 or so, and I was wondering if this could be possible for us too. The lower display assists greatly w/ battery life.
If anyone can do this, that'd be great!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I'll dig around and get an answer for you. To be honest, I just use the stock brightness app that has like, the wifi turn on/off along with GPS, SYNC, Brightness, and something else. It gets really dim when brightness is all the way off or at medium. Really hard to see the display outside when you have it on that though.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
Thanks PKbest. Let me know if you find anything!

Yea, I hope someone comes out with an autobrightness patch to bring the lowest level to 2! That would be awesome.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work on your device but I use an app from the market called AdjBrightness. It has presets that you can change. I've had it adjusted as low as 5. It even algeria allows me to turn my button lights off. And its free.

Hope this works for you all.

EDIT: The range is from 2 - 255 with this app.

rubiX 1.9.0 DX on the v4 Juice via DF app

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work on your device but I use an app from the market called AdjBrightness. It has presets that you can change. I've had it adjusted as low as 5. It even algeria allows me to turn my button lights off. And its free.

Hope this works for you all.

EDIT: The range is from 2 - 255 with this app.

Awesome! Ill check it out right now then. Thanks for the help!

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
No problem. I think it will work for all but the Samsung's.

EDIT: fixed Swype typo...lol!

pkbest

Reaction score
You can also try this bud.. I found this app online. Works with "All Android Versions".

Quick Settings - Android app on AppBrain

It's called quick-settings. Looks as if it controls more than brightness but it apparently helps lower display brightness more than stock settings. It's worth a try... I'd also try what OnMy2ndGP suggested.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
You can also try this bud.. I found this app online. Works with "All Android Versions".

Quick Settings - Android app on AppBrain

It's called quick-settings. Looks as if it controls more than brightness but it apparently helps lower display brightness more than stock settings. It's worth a try... I'd also try what OnMy2ndGP suggested.

Just tried this one....not bad at all. Was surprised to see all the hidden settings within the app. The only thing that I did not find on it was a way to kill the button lights on my DX.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
Thanks guys, ill take a look at both of them!

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
I think this app will do what you're looking for

Screen Filter - Android app on AppBrain

just don't set it to 0% :)

I found that, yes, thank you :).
Does what I want it to, but not the way I want it to. Id much rather have a patch with the stock auto brightness, or it built into the rom, but it hasnt been done with any custom rom yet, so hopefully they will!