Milestone vs. ipod touch

haarism

Reaction score
now this is solely about the audio quality from the headphone jack

now im just wondering, does anyone believe that there is a sound quality difference between their motorola milestone/droid and their ipod touch

ive been doing a little testing and im kinda feeling like there is, im no expert, but does anyone else feel liek there is?

dmo580

Reaction score
iPod Touch WAYYY better. I used to plug my Touch into the car a lot and I sold it months ago, but my Milestone is nowhere near impressive. I could do some subjective tests right now. I actually have my Super fi 5 Pros with me at work, although using my 10 Pros would be even better (but that's at home)

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_milestone-review-441p6.php

Yeah definitely nothing to write home about as I'm listening to some 320kbps recordings on my IEMs....

Last edited:

blueicexe

Reaction score
milestone is way better than ipod touch
dont compare them cuz its no sense.

dmo580

Reaction score

Uhhh.. what are you talking about? The iPod Touch blows the Milestone away in sound quality. what are you testing on? Stock iPhone earbuds?

Szadzik

Reaction score

Uhhh.. what are you talking about? The iPod Touch blows the Milestone away in sound quality. what are you testing on? Stock iPhone earbuds?

I tested mine on Sennheiser MX980s and ATH-ESW9s and Milestone is not that bad. And I do not consider iPod to be a great source in any way.

cpjr

Reaction score
The real difference will be in your headphones, not so much the audio device. If you dont have a good quality pair of headphones then dont even bother worrying about the quality coming out of the device.

I use a pair of Shure 420's and they are awesome.

iamdarren

Reaction score
i use dr dre beats heaphones £130, so they are a decent set.

ive used both the milestone and my ipod classic 80gb. if you set itunes to have the louder volume (+100%) i would much rather use the ipod. but why would i wanna carry that thing about. I would rather stick with the milestone, forget the difference in volume, they are near enough the same. its just you can force the sound higher.....

enter LOUDER VOLUME HACK.

ive read its compatible. I think i had it working on my 1st milestone, but i wasnt convinced.....

dmo580

Reaction score
Eh? I can get decent volume on my Super Fi 5 Pros with my Milestone even 1/3rd way up. It's already loud enough. I know my iPod stays well under 1/2 volume. I don't have my iPod anymore as I sold it, but I know damn straight the SQ was way better than my Milestone. I can tell simply because my iPod > my built in crap soundcard > Milestone.

I dunno. I feel as if theres a lot of distortion and stuff.

GSM Arena's audio charts tell you it's not even amazing. Nowhere near amazing.

pie123

Reaction score
The Audio quality in the GSMArena reviews is a section that deserves to be left out. Specs mean nothing in portable audio, something with amazing specs can sound mediocre at best, something with mediocre specs can sound great. Using either my Etymotic HF5's or my Sennheiser HD280 Pros, the Milestone has a cleaner sound than my sisters iPod touch. My Sony S616 is superior to Both the Milestone and the iPod by quite a significant step, but the question was Milestone vs iPod touch, and in that argument the Milestone wins.

The only issue with the milestone as far as audio playback goes is my loose headphone jack, when i return my milestone it should be fixed.

Also, it is quite unlikely that your iPod touch has better sound quality than the onboard sound on your computer, iPods have mediocre audio quality at best, and even the crappiest PC onboard sound will most liikely sound better than the iPod touch, or the Milestone for that matter.

Last edited: