Migrating from iPhone

mengh33

Reaction score
I have used the iPhone from 2g through #4, took the 4 back last week and am back on the 3gs. Pretty unhappy with the iPhones new software and of course ATT service -- I am used to the touch screen keyboard and I think the Droid X would be an easy switchover. I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat leaving the iPhone and switching to the Droid series. If so, how do you like the switch? Reception/Battery/overall experience with Verizon?

Seand442

Reaction score
Same situation here. I was with verizon and then switched to at&t last year because the wife liked the iphone. It is an awesome media device but combined with at&t's coverage here in AZ, it is a not so good phone. We are going back. Several friends have the original droid and coverage is great and I have heard no complaints about the battery. Everything seems to indicate the battery on the X will put others to shame.

OP
M

mengh33

Reaction score
After the iPhone 4's launch and all the problems, I decided to wait on the Droid X until it starts getting some use. I went back in to the store with intention to make the switch, but before I did I gave the demo one last try. I looked and it had that new update (not froyo) but I wasn't very pleased.

-The screen was very laggy with scrolling, didn't flow at all like the iPhone, it was much harder to surf web pages and just everything in general
-The bottom 4 buttons on the phone were moving too much, felt like they were going to fall out..
-The service in the store was bearly getting 3g, only with 1/2 the bars
-Although the large screen is very nice!

I am still new to android, but will the Froyo update fix a lot of this? Except the buttons at the bottom..

Decisions Decisions!
Any input would be helpful

keithnuss

Reaction score
I came from Iphone 3GS to Droid X a week ago and am really like the Droid...the OS takes some getting used to, and I was frustrated @ first, but the more time I've had to customize and play with Droid, the more I like it over Iphone. Battery life of Droid is great, call quality and speaker phone puts Iphone to shame and Verizon has been great, no problems, no dropped calls.

dulaney22

Reaction score
I came from Iphone 3GS to Droid X a week ago and am really like the Droid...the OS takes some getting used to, and I was frustrated @ first, but the more time I've had to customize and play with Droid, the more I like it over Iphone. Battery life of Droid is great, call quality and speaker phone puts Iphone to shame and Verizon has been great, no problems, no dropped calls.

This is my exact experience. I'm currently running Launcher Pro Plus and there is no lag at all. Super fast and once you figure out how it runs it makes my life so much simpler. As for the demo the OP mentioned, it was probably laggy because they had too many widgets loaded and running. With 7 screens loaded with news or facebook widgets anything will lag. You don't need and/or won't use all that.

Before making the switch, the 3 pluses, to me, that stood out were Verizon coverage, swype and one-click widgets. After using it a week, things like gesture search and the seemingly endless customization are amazing me.

As for the bottom keys, I was hesitant about those before buying, but I have to say they seem just right. They aren't cheap feeling and mine don't seem to be falling out.

Give it a 30 day trial. If you don't like the phone, just stick with AT&T.

halffrozen

Reaction score
After the iPhone 4's launch and all the problems, I decided to wait on the Droid X until it starts getting some use. I went back in to the store with intention to make the switch, but before I did I gave the demo one last try. I looked and it had that new update (not froyo) but I wasn't very pleased.

-The screen was very laggy with scrolling, didn't flow at all like the iPhone, it was much harder to surf web pages and just everything in general
-The bottom 4 buttons on the phone were moving too much, felt like they were going to fall out..
-The service in the store was bearly getting 3g, only with 1/2 the bars
-Although the large screen is very nice!

I am still new to android, but will the Froyo update fix a lot of this? Except the buttons at the bottom..

Decisions Decisions!
Any input would be helpful

-Apple fanboys like to go into VZW stores and load the hell out of demo phones to make then feel laggy.
-Those buttons have seen ALOT of people probably mistreating the demo phone. I haven't seen any with loose buttons on the boards...
-Its still better then ATT.
-The screen is amazing, who cares if its not as sharp as that iPhone, the iPhones screen is pathetic compared to the DX monster.

OP
M

mengh33

Reaction score
Alright I'm SOLD! I'd really like to at least try it out for the 30 days, but now the triumph of getting my hands on one. Called a verizon store near me and they said they would have to order and it would take a week to 14 days.. what should I do? Think I should hit up BestBuy's and Radio Shacks etc? Am so fed up with the iPhone service.. was hoping to find an X today!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had all the iphones except the latest. I love my droidx and have no wish to go back. I wish I had switched long so.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (