Micro SD problem, always hang with class 6 but ok with class 2, please help...

stingmisc

Reaction score
I am curious, how many of you are using micro sd with more than class 2? I bought a Team memory, 8GB class 6. I've been using it since I've bought my D2G, replacing the standard 8GB class 2. For the last 2 days, it always hangs when I start the phone. When I replace it with the standard 8GB class 2, the problem is gone.

So, my question is, Can D2G handle more than class 2 MicroSD? I am thinking of getting the 32GB one but not sure what class to get. I just need to make sure it's a stable one.

Hope there is some input here from the D2G members.

Thank you so much in advance

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I think mine is Class 4. A 8GB Transcend MicroSDHC card. Used it in my DSi previously with an SD adapter and had zero issues, same with my D2G.

himura

Reaction score
Helloowww......
.how are u...^_^

Sent from my GT-S5570 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Team memory cards have the worst random access performance. That is your problem. Get a different card, not higher than class 4.

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
so getting more than class 4 is not good for D2G? ok, how about sandisk? it is good? I will get the 32GB one if it's good. Also D2G can handle 32GB right?

thanks

lundgren

Reaction score
I bought a generic 16 gig class 10. I copied everything from my old sd to the new one. My phone would not stop freezing so I took it back and got a PNY 16 class 10. Same problem.

I did a factory reset on my phone and wiped the PNY sd clean. It has worked without any problems for two months now.

Not sure what was wrong, or why that fixed it. The generic class 10 was probably fine as well.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm still on the old c2 8GB sandisk MicroSD. Not a problem so far, just lack of capacity really. High bit-rate music does not play nice with mobile storage. Anyone here use MicroCenter SD cards? I'm thinking about a 16GB one.

lundgren

Reaction score
That was the generic one I bought and then took back. The performance was good on it. I expect it would have been fine if I wiped the phone and started with it clean.

Snow02

Reaction score
This is why you don't want higher than a class 4 for a phone.
Link

I just got a class 4 32GB sandisk and it's working great. It was about $50 at newegg.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
so getting more than class 4 is not good for D2G? ok, how about sandisk? it is good? I will get the 32GB one if it's good. Also D2G can handle 32GB right?
Sandisk is one of the “better” manufacturers. F.ex. they're the actual company producing the entire range of MemoryStick cards for Sony.

And as you can see on the Tech specs page for D2G, it supports MicroSDHC cards up to 32GB.

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
yes, I was thinking of getting sandisk because I have had a very good experience with their products.

But I was hesitant because it only had class 4. I think I will get the sandisk now because why buy class 10 if it's not stable on my phone.

thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I doubt you would really need Class 6+ speeds on a smartphone anyway. Class 4 should be perfectly enough.

sumarwanope

Reaction score
Sama, sy juga menggunakan microsd v-gen 16gb ga tau class berapa. Eh ternyata memory sy mati total...
Wah bener2 kacau...

Sent from my Light using DroidForums

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
I have had a very damn bad experience with V-Gen. I will stay away from that horrible brand. I lost my vacation pictures because it got corrupted.

Sandisk never dissapoint me but the reason I bought Team 8GB class 6 at that time was purely because it had a good review and it's faster.

but now, after I replace it, I'm still gonna buy sandisk 32gb cause 8GB is definetely not enough for me. I already use around 7GB right now so 16 definetely not enough. 32GB is the one.

I really wish there is a 64GB one but so far there is none. Google it and only says it will out but no news when it will be out...

tgambitg

Reaction score
I have had a very damn bad experience with V-Gen. I will stay away from that horrible brand. I lost my vacation pictures because it got corrupted.

Sandisk never dissapoint me but the reason I bought Team 8GB class 6 at that time was purely because it had a good review and it's faster.

but now, after I replace it, I'm still gonna buy sandisk 32gb cause 8GB is definetely not enough for me. I already use around 7GB right now so 16 definetely not enough. 32GB is the one.

I really wish there is a 64GB one but so far there is none. Google it and only says it will out but no news when it will be out...

That's because SDHC cards top out at 32GB... the next is SDXC, which start at 32GB and go all the way to 2TB.... and Android currently doesn't support SDXC, and the controller chips that support it aren't cheap either.