Micro sd card

eqforus5

Reaction score
Does the class of a micros sd card indicate the speed at which it can read and write?

OP
eqforus5

eqforus5

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What class is the stock card in a D2G? The one that comes in it from Verizon. Havent' pulled it to see. Just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Its a class 2 which is the slowest. For the most part you dont need a high class card if your not running Apps2SD which really isnt needed since the D2G has 8GB of storage on board. If your looking for a high speed card at a good price:
Newegg.com - Transcend 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS8GUSDHC6
This is the one I use.

If your wanting a USB adapter you can buy one for a MicoSD card cheap on ebay. I bought one the other day for 99 cents with free shipping, and it actually supports MicroSD, and full size SD cards as well. Or you can grab this one:
Newegg.com - Transcend 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with P3 card reader Model TS8GUSDHC6-P3
It says it is a PS3 card reader but I see no reason it wont work on a PC.

OP
eqforus5

eqforus5

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a higher class micro sd card because I have a lot of pictures on my phone and it is slow loading them when I first open the gallery. Who makes a good 16GB micro sd card at a fair price?

OP
eqforus5

eqforus5

Reaction score
Thanks for the info will check them out.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a 16gb class 4 card made by Topram ($40 on amazon). Worth every penny for music, movies and nandroids etc...

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ahC_hED

Reaction score
If your rooted you can use sd card booster or a similar app to change the default kb value from '128kb' to a higher value like '3072kb/4092kb' ..I've noticed a little snapper gallery and image loading is a little quicker and I have tons of images on my sdcard

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
the droid 2 and 2 global dont benefit much from the sd cache tweak. i noticed a sustained average increase of maybe 5% doubling it to 256 and again to 512 and anything after that actually worsened the average read/write.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I subjectivity have not noticed a difference with sd speed increase but when I run a read/write test, it's waaaay faster. I'm on a d2. I run the speed increase anyway. I believe the ideal is 2048 or something close to that

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Im not sure if it works or not...I didn't notice a difference really. I was just throwing that out there.

62luvtolive

Reaction score
If your rooted you can use sd card booster or a similar app to change the default kb value from '128kb' to a higher value like '3072kb/4092kb' ..I've noticed a little snapper gallery and image loading is a little quicker and I have tons of images on my sdcard

What should be on the sdcard when you first install it?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the sd cache, i believe it's 128kb or something