Mic (w/ wired headphones) doesn't work with Droid X

gtg450g

Reaction score
After researching my options for the best sounding earbuds with an inline mic, I decided to order the Shure SE115m+ and they arrived today. I immediately plugged them into my X, and the music sounds great.

The headphones were designed for an iPhone, so I wasn't surprised that the three buttons don't work correctly. After some searching it seems like the DroidShuffle app may help me, but my BIG problem is that the Droid X does not recognize the headphones' microphone....when I speak NOTHING!

Since they are new, I tested the headphones with my old BlackBerry, and they recorded voicenotes as designed, so the problem is somewhere in the Droid X Hardware, the Android software, or my personal settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• prod_img_se115mplus_l.jpg
    prod_img_se115mplus_l.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 718
OP
G

gtg450g

Reaction score
Any ideas out there? Are any of you able to use wired headphones with an inline mic on the Droid X successfully?

SharpGT500

Reaction score
I had a set of Shure headphones that I added the Shure stand alone mic too. The Mic worked but the button didn't. I restored my phone to factory settings and the button started working to answer the phone (if you pushed and held the button). If you hit the button when you were not on the phone it would go to voice control. I could not pause the music like I could on my iPhone, which really sucks.
The cord on my Shure mic got damaged so I ordered the Shure SE115+ headphones to replace it. I knew the buttons wouldn't work right but I never figured the mic wouldn't work.
I bought them because some people said apple headphones worked, plus I have other apple products I can use them on. Unfortunately the mic doesn't work and I don't know what to do next. I'm hoping the froyo update address it.

OP
G

gtg450g

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Sharp...was hoping someone would take notice!

Actually I had some free time this past weekend, so I took my DX and Shure SE115m+ to the Verizon store for some scientific testing. They had previously worked on my BlackBerry, so I know that they are not defective....

Sure enough they work great on the dumb phones, Blackberry's, and even the Droid Incredible! I wasn't able to try a Droid-2, but I did check on the display Droid X and no love for my headphones :(

I talked to the Tech Support rep (it's a flier I know) and he brought out some test headphones with an inline mic (cheap Verizon model), and they worked as advertised on my Droid X!

Therefore there is some Droid X <-> Shure SE115m+ bug out there...and apparently we were the first ones to take notice! Verizon said that they can't do anything to help me, and I don't know whether I would have success with either Motorola or Shure....any ideas?

I don't want to return the headset because they sound great, but kinda stuck right now.

sonicnec

Reaction score
Anymore luck with this answer? I have a Motorola Droid and have recently gotten the Shure SE115m+ headset. I love the headset with my itouch, but I get nothing with my Droid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The headset works with my wife's blackberry.

Jamb

Reaction score
I bougt a set from Verizon store,Stereo Headset(earbud type) w/In-Line microphone and it works great ,sound wonderful on DX. say's universal at bottom of box and cosy $29.99dancedroid

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have a set of Skullcandy Asym Iphone buds that work perfect. Its a single button inline with a volume toggle/mic. Button works fine, if I hold it down it changes the track, if I press and release it, it brings up the voice cmd prompt and works.

OP
G

gtg450g

Reaction score
No update here...mine still doesn't work. Verizon told me to call Motorola, Motorola told me to call Shure, and Shure told me to call Verizon...

Don't want to trade the headphones for the cheapo ones but don't really know what else to do at this point. Let me know if you figure out a solution please!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Technoman

Reaction score
I have a set that came with my Blackberry Bold that I just got for work, and tried them yesterday. They worked fine. My Motorola Stereo Bluetooth Headset works great too.

DroidxFactor

Reaction score
I tried to use my iPhone ear buds on my droid x and the mic doesn't work. So seeing u had the same issue I would think it has something to do with the fact that iPhone products dnt work with DROIDDDD!! lol

Jamb

Reaction score
IPhone products do not work with any other product, ie earbudds extra.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lewwill

Reaction score
I have a set that came with my Blackberry Bold that I just got for work, and tried them yesterday. They worked fine. My Motorola Stereo Bluetooth Headset works great too.

I have a Motorola S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset on order (replacement, first set would not take a charge). Should they work on the X?