Messaging on the droid !

DroidFanatic!

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz: Hi, I'm in the process of buying a droid, And I've been searching on youtube and google but I can't find a walkthrough on texting on this phone. Does anyone have any pictures or videos of text messaging on their droid ? ? ? ? PLEASE HELP :) Thanks,

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's pretty straightforward. You can respond in portrait, landscape w/no keyboard) or landscape w/ keyboard.

If you get the Handcent SMS/MMS app thats a whole other story. If you are into texting then this is a must have app.

There are too many options and customizations to list but it is phenominal.

When I say fully customizable it's FULLY customizable. At least 40 options to change to your liking and it works as your "native" SMS/MMS app

A

apeshitninja

Txting is displayed more like an instant message by defautl, with all txt's between you and each contact arranged into a 'conversation' window.

It's very nice, IMO.

broosewee

Reaction score
I can't help with providing a video or pics of texting procedures, but it shouldn't be a concern. The Handcent SMS app will be your savior when you get the phone :)

thefalloftroy

Reaction score
I like hancent a lot too... but I also liked the stock Messaging app...

one thing I cant figure out about Handcent is, when I get notifications for SMS, in the top toolbar it will notify me, if i long-push then move down to expand the notification window, the "time" is off by many hours....but then as soon as I click the message, the time is correct. Very odd.

One thing I preferred on 'Messaging' was the ability to read part of the SMS just recieved in the top toolbar.... Handcent doesn't seem to do that?

MaCe

Reaction score
mine too ..

my question is using handcent are people having a hard time sending MMS messages ???? I have to send them through the default msg program otherwise they take forever to send

jkayner

Reaction score
i really like the SMS popup app. It shows a window when you get a message and you can Close, reply, and 1 more option (forgot). Plus if you just hit Close, the notification in the top bar goes away (if you have that option checked in the settings)

LordKastle

Reaction score
Since I haven't received any text messages in the past few moments I cannot attest either way dealing with my question....

In Handcent when the notification sound is triggered by a text message and the pop up window appears, even when the phone is locked... what option should I press in order to stop the notification sound? Sometimes I do it and sometimes I am forced to open the actual application.