Messaging doesn't work

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I really need some help. I have a droid 2 which is currently on the gingerbread leak running liberty. Im on version .4 of the nightlies. Anyways, my messaging on my phone has not been working correctly for the past week or two, and yesterday it started misbehaving even more so. When it started, everytime I typed hey it would freeze and I would have to force stop the app and go back in to it to finish what I was saying. Now it is doing it all the time. Its no picky anymore, it just freezes randomly whenever it wants. No matter how short the message is, I have to get out of the app and go back in to it to finish it. I dont want to have to sbf my phone, but if I cant fix it I cant take it to verizon rooted running leaks. Can someone help me please?

*Side note: Im now trying to sbf my phone back to stock and it wont do it. It starts and then immediately stops. Its very frustrating. I really have no idea what to do

Last edited:

newk8600

Reaction score
How are you SBFing? Windows with RSDlite or linux with sbf.flash?
If you can't get the one to work try the other and make sure that you have the right drivers, RSDlite is 4.9 or better and if you can't flash while the phone is on try doing it from the bootloader (how you have to flash in linux anyway).

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Win needs to be in bootloader as well I believe.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

newk8600

Reaction score
I've seen it done outside the bootloader with windows but that doesn't mean it's always best practice.

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Im no stranger to sbfing. Thats why I am so perplexed by rsd not working. And I was in a hurry when I typed that. Basically, every time I try to text someone, messaging will freeze after every first or second word. Liberty has been working fine, so I dont think its that. Also, I have a cracked screen but I have had that since before this year and it hasnt given me any problems. Also, another reason I dont think its the screen itself is because the physical keyboard is doing the same as the virtual keyboard. As for the SBF, Im not computer savvy enough to use Linux to any avail. This is pretty frustrating, especially if I cant even do that to take it to verizon so they will help, ya know?

newk8600

Reaction score
Here's a tutorial for linux. I modified a linux image to include the sbf.flash file that is needed to flash an SBF in linux but the site that had been hosting the files is down for good and I didn't get a backup on my hard drive. (I have a CD with it on it but I'm not near it, sorry.) You can follow this guide with any linux distro (I like Ubuntu) burned to CD (or made into a bootable flash drive) and have the sbf.flash file on your existing hard drive along with the SBF file (you can navigate to it in linux) then follow the commands and you have a flashed phone (hopefully).

Here's the link to the tutorial [TOOL] sbf Flashing in Linux for Windows with Ubuntu Live CD - xda-developers

I'm thinking about making a new and improved linux image with the file and some other goodies if I can figure it all out (and find the time to do it :) )

Linux is not as different as you think. I mean it's an OS with a GUI (if you choose) and it commands your hardware. Give it a shot, I mean it can't hurt can it?