messaging app force losing

droidftw1

Reaction score
I went from ud 2.3 to miui rom yesterday just to try it out. So far everything has been good expect one thing. My messaging app has been force closing i havent changed any setting or anything its been that way since i flashed miui. I did a full wipe of data and cache. I really like the look of the messaging app and would rather use it than handcent. Any help would be appreciated.

Mryank9

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I did a fresh install of MIUI and everything was working fine. I rebooted the phone, and now i cant text. I try to open up the stock messaging app, and I get "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It won't open at all. I wiped data/cache and reinstalled MIUI, after a reboot, same thing. Handcent won't even open now. PLEASE HELP!

hoppermi

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I did a fresh install of MIUI and everything was working fine. I rebooted the phone, and now i cant text. I try to open up the stock messaging app, and I get "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It won't open at all. I wiped data/cache and reinstalled MIUI, after a reboot, same thing. Handcent won't even open now. PLEASE HELP!

Whenever I am having FC issues first I fix permissions w/ rom manger. If that doesn't work, try a fresh download and install.

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
i tried doing the fix permission and it didnt help at all. Im going to try tof lash a new kernel and see if that works
EDIT: i changed from the slayher lfy 1ghz kernel to teh checy 1gh ulv kernel and it still forcecloses

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
FIXED IT! heres what you do. Go into titaninium back up and delete the data from the dialer and messing and anything to do with those 2. Your messaging app will work again.

leeches

Reaction score
Yeah I'm having the same issues. I used the built-in back-up app to back-up the system data because I wanted to try out changing some themes and that's when I noticed the issue. I ran the back-up I had just made when I know messaging was working but it does not correct the problem.

hoppermi

Reaction score
yes, if you had restored data to system apps they will cause you problems w/ this rom. It has different phone and mms apps. Clearing data through app manager should correct it.

Mryank9

Reaction score
FIXED IT! heres what you do. Go into titaninium back up and delete the data from the dialer and messing and anything to do with those 2. Your messaging app will work again.

Hmm I tried that. Dialer and Messaging on titanium backup and still force closing on me. Did you wipe data for anything else?

hoppermi

Reaction score

Hmm I tried that. Dialer and Messaging on titanium backup and still force closing on me. Did you wipe data for anything else?

Try contacts and contacts storage. don't worry they will come back.

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
i wiped it for: contacts/cal dialer 2.2.1 sms/mms/apn sms/mss prefs and thats it

Mryank9

Reaction score
i wiped it for: contacts/cal dialer 2.2.1 sms/mms/apn sms/mss prefs and thats it

Awesome, it worked. Thanks to both of you guys! If I could only stop Facebook from syncing all my facebook friends to my contact list instead of my existing ones..haha

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
go into the facebook app/setting/sync contacts/ delete data then do sync with existing contacts

hoppermi

Reaction score

Awesome, it worked. Thanks to both of you guys! If I could only stop Facebook from syncing all my facebook friends to my contact list instead of my existing ones..haha

Yeah, for some reason it grabs anyone with a phone # in their info. Oh, and don't try to edit FB contacts. FC's

Mryank9

Reaction score

Yeah, for some reason it grabs anyone with a phone # in their info. Oh, and don't try to edit FB contacts. FC's

Thanks..do you if there are any plans to fix this issue? I like having people's pictures with the contacts and in texting apps and stuff, as well as being linked with profiles..not a major problem..just me being picky

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yeah its being worked on, sort of. In China, apparently FB isn't a big deal. Therefore it isn't the highest priority. The edit issue is supposed to be resolved in the next couple of weeks, the sync, I haven't heard. horrible sentence, I know.