Solved Messages chat features questions

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Google messages has option to turn on chat features but says not enabled for my carrier. My carrier is Verizon. Has anyone gotten this enabled or working yet. The other thing that is interesting if you read the help is that you have to turn off before removing simm or it will be active for 8 days. What happens if you lose your phone can you not use the features for 8 days?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
@SMYDSMITH...most people receive a pop up message asking if you want to enable the chat features, when opening the Messages app. I'm Verizon, using the Pixel 2XL. My Chat features are working. Not too many others to use it with yet. No answer regarding your other question.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Google clearly stated that RCS Chat was rolling out slowly to users and was a server side update. When it's enabled for your Google account you will be prompted with the option to enable it within Android Messages. Just like the text from web feature that rolled out earlier this year, it took a while to hit every single Google account using Android Messages. All we can do is wait.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Rcs just popped up an an option in messages for me I'm not enabling it yet though
1) I am the only one in my contact list with an android. Rest are iPhones. Would be nice if rcs talked to iMessage
2) waiting to see when it will become a maintream standard

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Rcs just popped up an an option in messages for me I'm not enabling it yet though
1) I am the only one in my contact list with an android. Rest are iPhones. Would be nice if rcs talked to iMessage
2) waiting to see when it will become a maintream standard

I only have 2 other contacts now with RCS. Kind of fun to see the bouncing typing indicator dots, but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise. Apple won't join in, for fear of less phone sales. Unfortunate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk