Merge Google and Phone Contacts

luckwld

Reaction score
I finally opened up a GMail account and imported all my contacts from Yahoo into Google. They synced down to my phone, but now I have duplicates of everyone on my phone. 1 entry for the contact that was already on the phone, and 1 for the new contact coming from Google. How do I merge these two together so there's 1 contact with the email and phone information? I remember seeing something when I first got my phone, but can't find it now.

Reaction score
Go to your contacts and choose them. Hit menu then links. You should be able to link them that way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
go to the people app,
tap on a contact
in the upper right corner there are 2 circles with a line "trying" to connect them,
tap that
go to all contacts
choose who to merge

or you can wait a little bit, and sense should pick them up automatically and put a notification up in the status bar. should say XXX contacts possible merge or something along those lines,
click the notificatio and a big list will pop up.
hi menu, link all
then scroll down and deselect the ones you dont want linked
hit OK, and all is well

OP
L

luckwld

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I noticed that the phone started finding them.

Is there anyway though to merge the contacts rather then "link" them? Even though they're linked, it seems like there are still 2 separate entries. I'd like to be able to merge the two so the email and phone are together. Even though they're "linked", the phone information is not going back to google.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks a lot. I noticed that the phone started finding them.

Is there anyway though to merge the contacts rather then "link" them? Even though they're linked, it seems like there are still 2 separate entries. I'd like to be able to merge the two so the email and phone are together. Even though they're "linked", the phone information is not going back to google.

OP
L

luckwld

Reaction score
The contacts on my phone aren't on gmail. Maybe that's my problem, how do I sync the phone contacts to my google contacts?

Sanjeevrai

Reaction score
HTC One - Merging Phone Contacts with Google

The contacts on my phone aren't on gmail. Maybe that's my problem, how do I sync the phone contacts to my google contacts?

I am having same problem. New contacts saved from like whatsapp are appearing only on phone and not on Google account - how do I merge them. On samsung it was easy - under contacts - Menu there was "Merge Accounts" option but I am not finding similar option on HTC. If anyone can please guide.