Merge an incoming call with current call

mosherjm

Reaction score
Is it possible to merge an incoming call with an existing call? I can't find any threads on it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
so to make it a 3-way call you mean?

I have no idea to be honest. I never get a call at the same time i'm already on the phone.

bump.

OP
M

mosherjm

Reaction score
Yes, to be on a call while a new call is coming in and have the ability to merge the incoming call with the existing call.

I can answer the incoming call and swap back and forth no problem, but can't figure any way to merge the two calls.

DroidUser11

Reaction score
If you are talking about a 3-way on the phone,then i think to merge both calls..you call one person and then press the send button (puts them on hold)..and call another person..and press the send button twice...if im not mistaken.

OP
M

mosherjm

Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was being very clear about what I'm talking about.

Yes, I'm talking about 3-way calling but only after the first call is in progress. I'd like to know how to merge a second incoming call into the existing call to make it a 3-way call. NOT as the dialer to both of the other parties.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was being very clear about what I'm talking about.

Yes, I'm talking about 3-way calling but only after the first call is in progress. I'd like to know how to merge a second incoming call into the existing call to make it a 3-way call. NOT as the dialer to both of the other parties.

I understand. I'll be back. It isn't that simple as people think. Well it is, it's just different.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Somebody please feel free to correct me but I don't see any way possible to add a caller to an existing conversation as the OP is suggesting.

Here's the deal: You're on the phone talking with Jack. Jill calls. You answer Jill and tell her Jack is on the other line. Jill says oh good, I need to talk to him.

I can't find anyway to enter Jill into the conversation.

Now you can call Jack, then call Jill, then merge the conversation. That does work.

4nefertiti

Reaction score
You would need to call the second person to add them into 3-way. No way to do it if the third party calls you.

hubdroid

Reaction score
I've noticed if I call my wife and it goes to voice mail (as ussual) and she calls me back while i'm still in her vm, there is an icon in the upper left that says merge calls. Haven't tried clicking it though...

Taegost

Reaction score
I know ever since 3-way calling was invented, it always required you to call both parties to connect them together. That "Merge call" thing is interesting, but I've never tried it...
Of course, almost everyone knows not to call me, I work on the phones all day long, I don't want to be on it when I get home! :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
WHen your on a call their is no "Call Button" because it turned into an "End Call" Button...