menu bar and soft keys burn in

Namrepus221

Reaction score
OK I just noticed this on my screen. But the area where the soft keys and the notification bar are. My screen is a little lighter than normal. I haven't noticed it till now.

Is this an issue with the nexus and I can get a warrenty replacement for it right?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Had my Nexus since launch day and not burn-in. You must've left it on for quite some time.

Not sure if you can get a replacement for it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
Had my Nexus since launch day and not burn-in. You must've left it on for quite some time.

Not sure if you can get a replacement for it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Well looking at a few other places. It looks like it's image retention, and not burn in. If I look at a fully grey website I found and turn the phone clockwise the line is where the softkeys are and there is even a little bit of the 3 buttons left but those fade away after a few moments leaving the band where the parts to the screen are pure black.. However on the opposite side of the phone there is some banding from the notification bar.

Apparently this is a "known" issue with the type of screen used. But honestly, I'm still gonna take it to the store in the morning and see if I can't put this warrenty to good use.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread.

Hear we are 2 years later and some members are experiencing burn in with the nexus 6.