Memory low/ text Messaging full---when not

highflier

Reaction score
Recently I have been getting a memory low icon when I have not added anything new to my Droid (I have the original Motorola Droid). I have tried moving some apps to my SD card and clearing the cache and data but still the icon reappears without reason. This icon is frequently accompanied by his friend, Cannot Receive Text Messages, Messages Full icon. Even when I erase messages---even at times when I erase ALL my messages, this does not necessarily clear the issue. I removed handcent thinking that since I was getting the messages stored twice (with handcent and with the factory messaging service) it would clear up the problem--and it did. Temporarily. I have also tried the old fashioned 'take the battery out' approach to no avail.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I kno ur texts use the phones internal memory...

And as far as handsent it don't store the messages twice...

Check ur internal memory in ur settings and see wat its at

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums! Are you rooted?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
H

highflier

Reaction score
Internal phone storage is at a sad little 61.06MB

and as far as rooted, I'm a newbie so I have no idea :)

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Even with that memory u shouldn have any prob with texts. They are really very small in file size... have you installed anything large into ur phone???

And as far as rooted u would kno... its somethin u have to do to ur phone. Its more of an advanced thing to totally customize ur phone and do whatever u want to it urself without limitations. Lots of pluses. I'm rooted and love iti

OP
H

highflier

Reaction score
The largest thing on my phone is the Facebook app. Otherwise, I havent downloaded anything on my phone that would seem to be causing these problems. When it had first occurred I had not downloaded anything within the previous week. I have even gone through and deleted pictures and apps I dont use in hopes of offsetting the situation without much luck.

Hmmm. Rooting sounds like something to look into...after I resolve this pain in the arse issue.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I really don't get the problem with the texts... its an issue with even having thousands of texts on my phone I still have yet to see anything tell me about it. Rooting has become pretty simple. It gives u the ability to make ur device run faster, delete pre installed apps. Install custom roms (system files and user interface). Aftermarket apps. And a lot of other things too... rooting and doing this may actually help ur problem