Memory Card Click?

NVash

Reaction score
So I just got my Droid and I wasnt familiar with syncing it to my computer. I opened it up, pulled out the 16GB card and used an SD card reader to hook it up to my comp. Once done, I put it back in. It seems that now whenever I go to Camera mode I now hear a slight clicking sound coming from a direction that Im sure is the SD card. Ive taken it out and put it back a few times, no good. I think I may have put it in wrong but thats the only way itll go in. Any suggestions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nothing wrong here. Normal clicking sound from the camera, you should also hear the camera trying to focus pretty loudly too.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Thanks, I was really worried that the SD card was clicking or something. Im wondering though, will that be addressed in this update by any chance?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks, I was really worried that the SD card was clicking or something. Im wondering though, will that be addressed in this update by any chance?
Taking out the SD card isn't an easy task is it? I tried for a good 2 minutes and the thing barely budged, maybe it was just my technique. But I really don't have a reason to take it out.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Taking out the SD card isn't an easy task is it? I tried for a good 2 minutes and the thing barely budged, maybe it was just my technique. But I really don't have a reason to take it out.

Yes the technique is to push down on the top of it. I usually face the bottom of the unit away from me while i do it. And it seems that pushing down on it unlocks it almost.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Yes the technique is to push down on the top of it. I usually face the bottom of the unit away from me while i do it. And it seems that pushing down on it unlocks it almost.
Just tried this technique, managed to move it out more than ever, but my nail keeps slipping. It's like a $500 piece of hardware so not about to mess with something that seems to be pretty hard to take out. I can see Motorola designed it so it's not easy to take out anyway, the bracket on top of it is pretty solid.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
It took me awhile to get it but I did. I didnt push down on it, I kinda just hooked my nail on the edge of the card and kept trying. Eventually it popped out. Its even harder to get back in because you can barely see where youre putting it.