"Memo Pad" Application??

stdesign

Reaction score
Sorry for this silly question, I'm just getting acquainted with my new Droid. I had a Treo for years and it had a simple little memo pad to keep grocery lists, shopping lists, to-do lists and stuff on....is there an application that I can get that will allow me to do the same?

Thanks.
I'm new to this too and I am finding that sometimes I need to change the way I do things. Instead of an app on your Droid have you thought about an app in the "cloud"? Google has Gqueues that would probably do what you want and since it's in the cloud you can access it from anywhere and even share it if you want.

Just a thought...

That's a good idea, but it does make one question the "security" of the cloud if the list data you're entering gets a bit vulnerable (a list of user names, and passwords, for instance). For me anyway, it makes me question how secure my list data would be, even though it's available to me 'anywhere' from the cloud (my Droid, laptop, work, what have you... ). I guess you just have to trust Google? I'd really hate it if NBC's Brian Williams announced one night that Google's servers got hacked and all of their user's information was compromised :icon_ devil: .

Shel

Reaction score
Evernote has released their app in beta at the moment.

You can download an add-on for your browser, then, if there's any info you find while browsing the Internet on your PC/Mac, simply highlight it, tap the small Evernote icon on your browser and it's instantly added to your Evernote account, available from your Android phone! Hightlight info from your e-mail, via your PC, click on the Evernote icon, and it's pasted into your Evernote notebook!

Also allows voice memos, photo memos and simply memos you can type in yourself.

And, obviously, whatever you enter in your Evernote app from your phone is easily available via your PC.

Very handy!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Anyone who uses Note Everything this is for you...

I have supported this app from day one (and have advocated for it in multiple threads) but I am beginning more and more to frown upon how it actually starts up on load and mingles in the background. Not that it does anything to lessen the performance but I'd rather make a decision myself about what apps start and don't rather than being told and dictated to by a developer.

There is absolutely no reason for this program to run in the background as I use it rarely to begin with. I remember a couple days ago someone said they talked to the developer and he gave some excuse.

There really is none though. There definitely should be a way to disable this. I am now considering uninstalling it for the reasons I just said.