Meizu Will Release Their Pro 7 With Second Display In July!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_006-jpg.77679

Meizu was on their way to becoming one of the top Chinese OEMs a few years back. They were basically neck and neck with Xiaomi in those days. We have not seen as much from them over the past few years, but they have just announced a very interesting device. They will be releasing their new Meizu Pro 7 on July 26th. What makes this design stand out is the second display on the back of the phone.

The second display will be a color LCD and not an e-ink display. The phone doesn't cover the entirety of the back of the phone. This may be used for time, date, notifications, and any other information you would need quick access to. The Pro 7 should include a Snapdragon 835, 3-4GB of RAM, and should feature 32GB and 64GB storage options. We also expect to see a dual lens camera setup on the back of the device. Would something like this at a competitive rate peak your interest?

via Phandroid

Attachments

• gsmarena_006.jpg
    gsmarena_006.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,334

Eddie Blanche

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi
Latest news showed the Meizu Pro 7 will be equipped with Helio P25 processor, and PRO 7 Plus for Helio X30, expecting~

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so.... second screen on the back of the device? interesting concept.... I'm enjoying the always on display on the G6, not as much as the V20 second screen but being able to take it in the shower with me is definitely worth the trade.

I don't know if I'd enjoy a second screen on the back of the device though. definitely something to keep an eye on.... hopefully we eventually get those fold-able double sided phones.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
have seen some Phones in the Past with the 2nd Screen on the Back but as stated only e-ink. it is an interesting concept but then does pose problems for cases especially Rugged Type. They will need to make a Area Exposed on the Back for it but if its not a Touchscreen then it could be Clear Plastic. With these phones there are not a lot of Protection Options to begin with.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I guess there could be uses for a second screen on the back, but I cannot think of any except if you are using the front camera and want to see what it sees. just an extra screen to replace because there will not be a safe way to drop a phone anymore.

as far as "peaking my interest" have to say nope. could have issues with customer and tech support.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
with it being a regular, but mini, screen. i could see this being great for taking super high quality selfies.....