Maxx screen issues

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Just did a phone exchange for my 14 days from RAZR to RAZR maxx and was told by rep that I would be getting a new phone. Normally it wouldn't matter but this phone has some sort of screen damage that shows spots when the screen in dark. Almost like water damage but I've had the phone for two days and haven't let it near water. Are u supposed to get a new phone on a 14 day exchange??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
If you are within your 14 day return policy and you return your phone, I think they are suppose to give you a new one, not used or damaged. Verizon.....Smh....!!!!
Just did a phone exchange for my 14 days from RAZR to RAZR maxx and was told by rep that I would be getting a new phone. Normally it wouldn't matter but this phone has some sort of screen damage that shows spots when the screen in dark. Almost like water damage but I've had the phone for two days and haven't let it near water. Are u supposed to get a new phone on a 14 day exchange??

cece5702

Reaction score
My phone does not show spots in the dark that appear to look like water damage. My baby is spotless.....well with a few fingerprints that is.

OP
MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Damn well ill be giving them a call today. Because its some spots here and there then a line on the right side running along the edge of my screen

cece5702

Reaction score
Really? Mine does not have spots at all.
Damn well ill be giving them a call today. Because its some spots here and there then a line on the right side running along the edge of my screen

MrGibbins

Reaction score
An easy way to see if you have the spot is to switch to the front facing camera with the lights off and the room dark. I discovered the spots the other night this way. Found no other way to get the spots to show up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Welp I spoke to Verizon this is a new phone and they know about this its "a known issue that occurs during manufacturing because of the glue" so they said I could get a replacement but ill wait because of back order and the phone is great otherwise. Unless in in a dark room

etcmjoe709

Reaction score
I tried the front cam in a dark room thing just now. No spots at all. If you have spots the screen may be defective.

MrGibbins

Reaction score
I tried the front cam in a dark room thing just now. No spots at all. If you have spots the screen may be defective.

I never see them under normal use so I'm fine with it. I don't want to have to wait over another week for another phone since the local Verizon stores are sold out and there is no guarantee that the replacement would be spot free. I only found the spots by accident.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dillio

Reaction score

My wife phone does the exact same thing. Must have received your old phone. She is going to exchange it under the 14 day rule.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Black spots when the screen is dark is normal for Amoled screens..not defective. I have returned 2 Maxxs because of dead pixels and all 3 have had black spots when you're in a pitch black room with a black screen...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Horch it

Reaction score
My maxx has black streaks running down the right edge of screen, only seen in dark shades. Kind of feel like razr has a big wart on its face now . Even though my phone is only 12 days old I didn't see them till 3 days ago. Is this correct? Do these steaks develop or were they always there from day one? I'm of the opinion they developed and therefore may be preventable. What do you think...?

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Horch it said:
My maxx has black streaks running down the right edge of screen, only seen in dark shades. Kind of feel like razr has a big wart on its face now . Even though my phone is only 12 days old I didn't see them till 3 days ago. Is this correct? Do these steaks develop or were they always there from day one? I'm of the opinion they developed and therefore may be preventable. What do you think...?

If you can only see them in a dark room with a black background, this is a known issue. It is common with the razr screen. Most have this. I've read several "reasons" for it (manufacturing process, native to amoled, etc), but all state that it's normal and benign. They were there from the beginning. In no way will they affect your phone or it's operation....and they won't "grow". There are several threads about this in this forum.
My point is...enjoy the phone, don't worry about the spots.... I guarantee you'll forget about them in no time flat if you don't obsess about them....until you visit the forum again and see a post about them from another new razr owner. :)
If you can see them in normal light then there's a reason to exchange it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you don't like the way that screen looks and you're within your 14 days, you can exchange it for another one.. some are worse than others.