Maxx HD - frame loose around volume rocker?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This makes the volume rocker and frame look "rough", when I think that's just the camera and flash accentuating ribbed nature of the volume rocker (unless it's not? Lol). Anyway, does anybody else's look like this around the volume rocker? I can actually push it back in just a tad on the top side of the rocker, but not on the bottom.

If this is the way it is, well, so be it. If it's not, and nobody else has this issue, I'll be exchanging it later. I've done nothing to this phone but hold it in my hand and set it on my bedside table. The VZW rep put it in their black hard-shell case, which is very tight and hard to get off, but other than that, this has been babied during the whopping 16 hours I've had it.

photobucket

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the non-MAXX and so far I don't see this happening. Will keep an eye on it though.

maxxhd

Reaction score
Mine has it too but not as bad. It's very very slightly bowed-out and I'd have never noticed it if ya'll OCD guys didn't point it out. lol

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine has it too but not as bad. It's very very slightly bowed-out and I'd have never noticed it if ya'll OCD guys didn't point it out. lol

Lol, sorry... can you push yours in at all?

- sent from my phone -

maxxhd

Reaction score
Yeah it moves in flush again and just comes back out. It's like the switch behind it is pushing that panel out ever so slightly.

xmguy

Reaction score
On mine the Kevlar backing sticks out a bit proud around the case of the phone as such leaves a rough feeling where the metal and back meet. Making it feel like the back cover is too big for the case of the phone. Driving me NUTS!

DBLDWN86

Reaction score
This makes the volume rocker and frame look "rough", when I think that's just the camera and flash accentuating ribbed nature of the volume rocker (unless it's not? Lol). Anyway, does anybody else's look like this around the volume rocker? I can actually push it back in just a tad on the top side of the rocker, but not on the bottom.

If this is the way it is, well, so be it. If it's not, and nobody else has this issue, I'll be exchanging it later. I've done nothing to this phone but hold it in my hand and set it on my bedside table. The VZW rep put it in their black hard-shell case, which is very tight and hard to get off, but other than that, this has been babied during the whopping 16 hours I've had it.

View attachment 57284View attachment 57285View attachment 57286View attachment 57287

Nope. Obviously a defect. Take it back.:icon_eek:

arparaspolo

Reaction score
both my regular razr and razr maxx's have done this. Actually squeaked/vibrated a bit when pushing it in. SOOO frustrating.
I am disappointed to hear it is still an issue on the maxx hd :/