Massive Moto 360 Leak Reveals Battery Life, IP67 Cert, Wireless Charger & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-1.jpg

After this morning's big U.S. carrier industry bombshell regarding Sprint, T-Mobile and a trio of CEOs, we will be hard pressed to bring anything else nearly as exciting. That is... unless it's a massive leak of feature intel and new pics of the Moto 360!

Along with a slew of new pics of the device, we now know some important details about the Moto 360 that we didn't know before. Here's the scoop on the intel, and you can check out all of the photogs in the thread below,
  • Made of Stainless Steel
  • Includes IP67 water & dust resistant specification
  • Will come with interchangeable watch bands
  • Black and Silver versions
  • Includes an optical heart rate sensor on the back
  • Will have a pedometer
  • Includes wireless charging
  • Up to Four day battery life (2.5x longer than the LG G Watch)
It looks like Motorola really knows how to go all out with this new wearable trend. Their product is so impressive it will be hard for Apple to follow up with an iWatch that compares. The question remains... will wearables be the next big thing, or just a passing fad?

Source: BGR

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those leaked Moto 360 pics:

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-1.jpg

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-2.jpg

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-3.jpg

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-4.jpg

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-5.jpg

motorola-moto-360-mister-gadget-leak-6.jpg

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very exciting news!! I cannot wait for this device. Looks great. Glad to hear the rumors of plastic construction were false (I have to wonder if that rumor prompted this "leak"). The wireless charging, pedometer and heart rate monitor are all NTHs in my book.

Now just tell us when they'll be released Motorola!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm buying this as soon as it's available... no doubt. The ONLY thing that has me worried is the strap. I know I want to put my own metal band on it (strapcode super engineer ii) but I can't find any information regarding what will fit. Looking at that thin slot at the attachment point makes me a bit worried. I'm thinking the metal band will be proprietary. But I'm just speculating.

11203417175_6270aec435_b.jpg

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm buying this as soon as it's available... no doubt. The ONLY thing that has me worried is the strap. I know I want to put my own metal band on it (strapcode super engineer ii) but I can't find any information regarding what will fit. Looking at that thin slot at the attachment point makes me a bit worried. I'm thinking the metal band will be proprietary. But I'm just speculating.

Yea, I cant see how to get at the spring bars... if there are any!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea, I cant see how to get at the spring bars... if there are any!

I am probably wrong ( I am sure of it) but it looks like you would have to take the back off to get to it. There is obviously a way to change the straps especially if motorola is selling multiple strap options. I am betting the way they will have something that says the warranty is voided upon removal of the back even if it is the only way to change out the straps. But again looking at the pic that is the only way I can see that you will have enough clearance to change the straps.

Gremlin

Reaction score
PC747 said it correct. you have to remove the back cover to remove the strap. I would think the reason for that is for water/dust proof..

Watch is sexy.. but have to wait till its on sale.. :(

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
OK, I can see it now. Here's how it's going to go down. I go on vacation in two weeks. Motorola will hold their release event in two weeks. I will be on my way to our destination when everything is demoed and made available on the market. When I get to where I'm going I'll have to unload and get everyone settled in. After that's done I'll set up wifi and attempt to get info and purchase the Moto360...

...and it will be sold out.

I can see it already.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well, you are wrong actually unless you are going to a location where is there is no internet :p So you go on vacation, You have a smart phone, keep an eye on droidforums. for release date.. and price.. close to release date google for places selling the watch and pre order :p

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Pre-order availability won't happen before the announcement. It'll only be available for pre-order from the Play Store. And, this is going to sell out day one, I'd put money on it. I'm sure a lot of people are going to say how they don't want it or it's over-priced, etc. But a ton of people are waiting with their cash in hand.

I hope there's an alternative for me like you say though!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a rumor I'm starting:
Moto 362 comes out in February after they have gotten all the bugs out of 1st gen Moto 360's! Haha :p

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let's see, IP67 standard, Check.
Stainless Steel, Check.
Up to 4 day battery, Check.

I'm buying this right when it comes out.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
THINKING OUT LOUD...

At this point there's NO WAY there will be an Aug 20th release or even an unveiling for the 360 at best we might start seeing cryptic advertisements next week.

I figure it this way... If you're having a big device announcement/unvieling and you want more than 5 people in attendance, you'd better send the press invites AT LEAST 2 weeks prior. Remember, PROFESSIONAL press, bloggers, and site reporters need time to book flights, and at the very least, overnight accommodations if they're coming from overseas. Most times it's 3-4 weeks ahead of an announcement they'll send out press invitations, "Come joins us... blah...blah...blah".

So, it's safe to say that at the very earliest it can be on sale is 30 days from tomorrow. And if you don't hear about Motorola sending out invites for a press conference tomorrow then it'll be 30 days from the day after that, and so on, until we finally get an actual unveiling date. We haven't even seen any cryptic buzz generating ads yet.

Like the Moto X, for example. On july 8th weird ads started popping up in magazines and online. Remember this?

94bd2db6-2d57-4282-8231-05abbb3b6fc6.jpg

The announcement invitation was sent to the press the following week on July 18th in 2013 asking them to attend an event on August 1st. At the August 1st event they publicly announced/unveiled the Moto X, and said it would be on available for purchase on August 13th.

The time to get excited will be when Moto officially starts rolling out mysterious and cryptic "buzz" advertisements. THEN you know you're about a 45 days away from having it in your hands.

I'll make this prediction. The rumors so far have been pretty adamant about a release in September and not October. So if we're going to see a late September release date the time for the buzz is now. Hear me now, believe me later. We have to see a cryptic buzz generating ad by the end of next week...

...and I bet we will

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dusty, I think that ad would be the perfect pre-ad for the X + 1 (can you see the X and 1 in the ad?), just replace Google with Lenovo, and the work is done.

Last edited: