Market turning off credit card

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
Ok so most of the time when I buy an app from the market within a couple days my moms credit card is cancelled and she has to call in. Anyway I can prevent this from happening? I tried getting one of those visa gift cards but it wouldn't allow me to purchase anything

Sent by wasting my battery

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
You could grow up and stop using your moms cc....

A visa check card works. And everyone can get those

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could grow up and stop using your moms cc....

A visa check card works. And everyone can get those

How come I've never even noticed you before but you've got my attention twice today?

I think you need to take a look here before you get a vacation. You may think being disrespectful is funny, we don't.

R

RETG

Are you on the card as an authorized signer? If not, can she put you onto the card as an authorized signer? Be honest, I don't know. NO kids, and it has been a rather long time since I was 16.dancedroid

Jordan8

Reaction score
Are you on the card as an authorized signer? If not, can she put you onto the card as an authorized signer? Be honest, I don't know. NO kids, and it has been a rather long time since I was 16.dancedroid

He could have his mother get him a bank account & debit card. Which is what I did, im 17 & my bank account has both mine & my mothers name on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

riko540

Reaction score

Yeah he could but some banks require a state issued ID like a drivers license.
He could have his mother get him a bank account & debit card. Which is what I did, im 17 & my bank account has both mine & my mothers name on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sent from my pocket

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously...
PREPAID CC CARDS!!!!!
Have your mother by one and put it on your/her (whoever's) Google account... And yes they work they are all I use for marketplace purchases (though just make sure to look at their policies for international transactions, I've found Prepaid Amex to be the best).

And if her concern is monitoring the transactions I know for sure the PP Amex has detailed expenditure reports online (think the Visa does as well).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so most of the time when I buy an app from the market within a couple days my moms credit card is cancelled and she has to call in. Anyway I can prevent this from happening? I tried getting one of those visa gift cards but it wouldn't allow me to purchase anything

Sent by wasting my battery

There is an 800 number you have to call to make most of them work for online transactions. Even though it's activated it needs to be kinda confirmed by registering it to use online at most vendors. It's easy and takes about 5 minutes tops . The number should either be on the card or the accompanying paperwork. It's the same number used to report problems and/or theft of the card.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was uncalled for mcatdtDroid. Thanks for the offer to help but maybe KsKnightmare is under 18.

Please be respectful in the future or infractions will be issued.

16 y.o.'s can't get checkcards?

Your question is irrelevant, your disrespectful response about using his mother's CC and having to grow up is what was relevant.

Any future concerns w/ my posts to you please send them via PM next time.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I don't know which banks you guys use.... 16 y.o.s can get checkcards. If they should.... well that's an entirely different debate.