Market Place and Credit Card

micp1480

Reaction score
I am not so comfortable about putting my credit card out on the market place, especially now with the economy doing so bad and credit card theft high on the rise. I like to make my purchases through PayPal, and I would like to know if there are any alternative web sites that I can make purchases using PayPal? Thank You.

MICP 1480

MrBaz

Reaction score
You could always buy one of those prepaid cards. That way if something ever happens where someone steals that info or tries to rack up charges, that can't go any more than like $20.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I am not so comfortable about putting my credit card out on the market place, especially now with the economy doing so bad and credit card theft high on the rise. I like to make my purchases through PayPal, and I would like to know if there are any alternative web sites that I can make purchases using PayPal? Thank You.

MICP 1480

Get a Paypal Debit card for your Paypal account and use that.

zasran

Reaction score
As I understand it it's using Google checkout, the app maker does not see your credit card info. I definitely trust google checkout with credit more than Paypal (specially if you have paypal linked to checking account).

Reaction score
Hey I bought a few apps and HSBC was all over it like white on rice. They called me to see if I made the purchases etc...

Pretty impressed

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You aren't putting your credit card out there on the market all willy nilly. You are putting it into google checkout which is just as secure as paypal. This isn't some third party vendor. It is GOOGLE. It is the same thing you'd use if you happened to say use google shopping...

It is just as secure as paypal.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey I bought a few apps and HSBC was all over it like white on rice. They called me to see if I made the purchases etc...

Pretty impressed

Really? I've got HSBC Mastercard and they didn't make a peep when I started purchasing/returning/purchasing apps. :icon_eek:

warmsun

Reaction score
cpu vs cell

I feel safe using credit card on internet - home computer. Just not sure how easy it might be for someone to break in and get my credit card info ona cell phone - doesn't matter if it's google or paypal. I've heard people can tap cell phone conversations, so how can a credit card entered on a cell be safe?

jimnutt

Reaction score
Set the google checkout account up on your home computer, not your cell phone (although it really shouldn't matter as they both are using https, which is encrypted anyway). The credit card number only goes to google checkout, the app vendors don't have access to it, google bills the card and forwards the money to the vendor.
Frankly, the most dangerous place to use a credit card is in a restaurant... who knows where the server is going with your card when they leave with it.

snowman

Reaction score
I know I would really like to buy a few apps but I'm not giving them my card either
Google is not as secure as Pay-Pal because I have a electronic security key on pay-pal, so until they accept pay-pal no bought apps for me either.
I'd do the prepay visa but there is a charge on them to use them , 4 bucks for buying a 25.00 card, they can keep em'
Hey Google wake up and use Pay-Pal !!!:angry:

Zargon

Reaction score
I guess I'm not as paranoid as some people. I feel 100% safe using Google checkout.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Frankly, the most dangerous place to use a credit card is in a restaurant... who knows where the server is going with your card when they leave with it.

+100. I find it amusing that people are so paranoid about the use of their credit cards on the internet when they're willing to hand their credit card over to someone they don't know, are unlikely to remember, and who may well be on their first (and last) shift.

trbasil

Reaction score
If people are worried about it why not just get a pre-paid card from Visa or Mastercard, and use that for the market place?