Market Place and Credit Card

zasran

Reaction score
Your internet connection is same protocol(s) whether it's a cell phone or a computer, all credit card info goes via https (SSL) so there's no eavesdropping either way.

ero

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I'd like to know how many people have actually had problems purchasing things via Google or even the iTunes store for that matter. I've made several iTunes purchases and a couple of Marketplace purchases as well. I've had 0 problems.

Don't be paranoid. If you are using an actual credit card from a respectable company then all you have to do is call 'em up and say you have a problem and they should take care of it right away.

If people want your $ so bad I'm sure they will find a way to get it.

1wired1

Reaction score
What about all the apps for bill paying and acct keeping for bank accts and trading accts. I wonder how secure those are, seems like almost every app has access to most of the phone.

-1w1

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score
Encrypted is encrypted. Most packets are multi routed also. So this means that IF someone had a packet sniffer on a node when one of your packets came through and IF they had the computing power to break the encryption (doubtful unless they have access to Super Computers somewhere) they would only have a partial transmission anyway so it would be useless. It's way easier to get information from your trash (I mean your physical trash) than your phone.

Like someone else said, you give your credit card to sales assistants and servers everywhere, that's a major risk.

Here's a final thought: most identity theft occurs at the credit institution, not the consumer.

warmsun

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone. :) I like the suggestion of setting up my google account via the home computer. Feels more comfy than keying my ccard into the phone whenever I want to buy.

snowman

Reaction score
I was never talking about Security or encryption, it's that Goggle knows to much about everything already and could be sold, so it's Goggle I don't trust, their not a bank or financial institution, that is the issue.
I don't want Goggle to know any more about me.
there is no reason they cannot use pay-pal

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was never talking about Security or encryption, it's that Goggle knows to much about everything already and could be sold, so it's Goggle I don't trust, their not a bank or financial institution, that is the issue.

Yeah, unfortunately they are in competition with pay/pal. I asked the same question, so you're kind of stuck with them.

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score

Ahh, I see, take your point. Of course, the same could be said about anywhere one uses a credit card, Seers, Best Buy etc, etc. I would bet though that they (Google) already know everything they need to know from other sources. I think it's just a fact of life.