Market not working

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
To be honest, download RSD_Lite 8 -> download 2.3.340 sbf -> enter bootloader bootup ,right click app "run as admin" (for rsd to discover phone) -> sbf and reinstall GB zip/wipe again.

If this doesn't do it for you, it may be something much deeper with the hardware itself.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I make this suggestion because the zip seems to have been an install flaw. I like to go backward, then forward, but you can try redownloading the GB zip again and installing once more.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I see no problems after install -> data wipe. You shouldn't either.

droidxep

Reaction score
To be honest, download RSD_Lite 8 -> download 2.3.340 sbf -> enter bootloader bootup ,right click app "run as admin" (for rsd to discover phone) -> sbf and reinstall GB zip/wipe again.

If this doesn't do it for you, it may be something much deeper with the hardware itself.

That was going to be my next step. I left my phone off over night though and just rebooted and luckily as of right now all seems well. Thanks for all the advice though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nilsh32

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am relatively new to this, but a while ago I rooted my droid and installed CM6 before CM7 was out. I had been using it until now, and it became incredibly slow. Switched to liquid 1.85 and it's amazingly fast, and has a few extra features that I like.

The problem is, my market app doesn't work. It doesnt matter if in settings I have the "liquid" version of market installed or the original one, when i press market to open, it goes into a black screen, has a loading symbol for a few seconds, and then goes back to home and gives me the "force close" box.

I think from searching that I am not alone in this? I don't know what other faults there are with this rom. Voice to text works for me, so I don't know what else could be a problem, so far Market is the only thing.

By the way I started using 1.85 and then downgraded to 1.80 but the problem persisted.

Also, sepearate question: I have a few paid apps that I had downloaded before I rooted my phone before I installed my Roms. I saved a backup of this, but is there a way to transfer these apps into my new ROM?

Thanks,
Nils

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Once you have downloaded a paid app it is linked to your account. You will have to redownload it from the market once you install the new rom but you do not have to pay for it again.

And as far as the market not working I would try running fix permissions and then rebooting your phone. Go into liquid settings > system > fix permissions to do this. Its not a guarantee but it does help and is a good idea to do after a clean install of any rom.

cujo6801

Reaction score
Once you have downloaded a paid app it is linked to your account. You will have to redownload it from the market once you install the new rom but you do not have to pay for it again.

And as far as the market not working I would try running fix permissions and then rebooting your phone. Go into liquid settings > system > fix permissions to do this. Its not a guarantee but it does help and is a good idea to do after a clean install of any rom.

And if that doesn't work go to menu>setting >applications >manage >all and wipe data/cach in market

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND

nilsh32

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply.

As soon as it finished fixing the permissions, the same force close box for the market came up, before i even tried to open the market. Opening the market had the same result. It still does not work on either the stock or themed market.

EDIT: Wiping the Market cache didn't help either

Any more tricks? :/

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running lgb 1.85 with no market issues. Did you wipe system data and cache 3x before installing rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nilsh32

Reaction score
I'm running lgb 1.85 with no market issues. Did you wipe system data and cache 3x before installing rom?

No I didn't wipe data and cache before installing, I thought you weren't supposed to with this ROM?

Also, I hate having to re-download every single thing on my phone.. But is there no other way around it?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use titanium backup to back up your user apps just don't backup any system apps. Yes, a wipe is a must unfortunetly but I got used to it after a while.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah asking if you wiped or not is usually the first question, slipped my mind this time unfortunately. If you dont do it there is no way to tell whether the problem is with the new rom or data and remnants of the old one messing things up. And most, if not all, developers wont address issues if you dont wipe everything for the same reason.

And as far as using titanium backup, in all honesty I have never used it. It does take a little bit for your apps to restore but IMO its worth it. Nothing like a fresh install of everything to keep your phone running smooth as silk. This is just my opinion on titanium backup and I am sure there are plenty of people who would disagree with me and I didnt intend on starting a discussion on titanium with this statement.

nilsh32

Reaction score
Alright, so I restored by old stock backup and used titanium backup on all my apps, and then reinstalled liquid while clearing data and cache, all seems to be working now.

Sorry about that, learned my lesson. Always clear them..

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good that you got it working, glad we could help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No need to apologize, you said youre pretty new to this. We all had to learn this somehow and we are here to try and help. Glad you got it working and I hope you enjoy liquid!!