Market is messed, can't install apps.

Abadus

Reaction score
I was restoring my apps on the latest SS 4.4 rom, when I had some error and it crapped out. After that I could not install anything from the market and restoring my apps no longer works.

I tried to use RSD light to re-flash my phone and it gets to a point where it says something about ram downloader and it fails. Although it then reboots and it is back to stock 2.01 telling me there is a new OTA update.

I RSD'ed SP recovery back onto the phone and I can flash my back-ups I have aobut 20 of them. If I use a 2.1 rom everything is fine. If I use the original Froyo leak everything is fine. But if I try and use the latest rom it all goes to crap and nothing will install from the market again.

I have re-downloaded the zip and re-installed many times. It worked fine the first time but now the market dies for some reason.

It seems very strange that it works with 1 froyo rom and not ther other. When I had 0 issues 2 days ago :*(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what is causing the issue. I read this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...rce-all-4-3-issues-fixed-maps-market-all.html in Chevy's rom section of the forum. I note that it mentions "fixed-market." Additionally, in the thread I note:

I strongly suggest wiping - IN ALL CASES. As a matter of fact, WIPE THREE TIMES. You should no longer have a wiping problem. Take advantage of my bkapps/rstapps. In the links below for SS 4.4 you will see bkapps.zip. Install as an update.zip, and then you can back up all yours apps, in your current ROM, using 'bkapps -c' from a terminal emulator. Then, when you load up 4.4, you can use 'rstapps -c' to restore everything Skip the google login as soon as it boots up after installing 4.4. Open a terminal emulator (Apps -> Dev Tools -> Terminal Emulator) and type 'su'. Then type 'rstapps -c'. Then reboot and profit. The only things that I expect to be missing are your desktop widgets. If you are missing apps, please tell me the app name so I can test it out

Did you wipe and follow theses suggestions?

Mike

OP
A

Abadus

Reaction score
Yeah. At the time all I was doing was trying to use SP recovery instead of clockwork since my phone felt laggy...

Even using RSD to flash it clean did not help.

Odd thing that got it working. I started with my nandroid of SS 3.3 went to 4.3 then 4.4 and now it seems to be working ok... NO wipes. Hopefully doing it this way fixed whatever jacked file was there.

Using rstapps -c now and it is working. So in the morning I will probally do a wipe of data and cache and then rstapps -c again to get my phone back where it was. Crazy that not wiping seems to have helped with one problem. We shall see tomorrow when I complete my "rebuild" LOL.

OP
A

Abadus

Reaction score
:( 1/2 way through re-downloading all my apps, market takes a crap again. Downloads but gets stuck on the install portion.

[EDIT] Seems the issue is with apps to SD being turned on, after that the installs crap out :( Sucks because it was working fine before :(

[EDIT 2] Ok Apps to SD seems fine, I cleaned out my SD card. I had about 12 gig worth of data on there now I have 5. ( I had a lot of back-ups) Anyway now everything seems to be back to normal. Wonder if froyo has memory allocation issues. Reminds me of the days when we had to partition hard drives and only use 256mb of ram :p