market app missing!!!

Mishael

Reaction score
my market app is missing after updating to sapphire 1.1.1 then messing around with life then getting everything back EXCEPT market. i need help now. i would just get a file manager and install it but...i cant access my sd card to install anything without one but i cant get one until i get market which i need a file manager to install.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id suggest reinstalling the ROM again.. see if that fixes the problem

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you install the gapps update.zip? The gapps, including the market are a second download and install for Sapphire.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Missing Market app is almost always because the Google app pack that's required by any AOSP-built ROM wasn't installed or wasn't installed properly.

Find the link to the proper app pack and re/install it. Standard update.zip install. See if that fixes the issue.

j77799

Reaction score
I just rooted my HTC Hero CDMA to CyanogenMod-6-10072010-NIGHTLY-HeroC, and it doesn't have Market either. I have tried reinstalling the ROM 3 times, with the same results. Where can I find links to the appropriate Google app-pack?

Thanks...I am a newbie to this all!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never used Cyanogen but I believe the gapps are a seperate download for that one to. I would assume the link would be the same place you d/l the Rom from

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the Sapphire Rom it is important to install the gapps.zip immediately after installing the rom. Do not reboot between the two installs. Once you've installed the rom and the gapps then reboot. I assume the same is true for the CM rom & Gapps.

I would strongly suggest that ya'll read the original post for these roms to get the full installation instructions.

Have fun.:icon_ banana:

j77799

Reaction score
Tallica,

I found the gapp files on the website where I d/l Cyanogen, and everything is working just fine now.

Thanks for your help!