Managing calendar views

mtn_m8

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the default view in your calendar to month rather than week? And then to open an appointment directly instead of going to the agenda?

pilot25

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I have to say the google calendar is the worst ever. It seems completely random which view you are going to get and the current date isn't always on the top line in the agenda view.

I'm sure there will be some good calendar apps that will replace the google calendar instead of just supplementing it like the ones out now.

DroidFan

Reaction score
It's not random...whatever was the last view you looked at before returning to the home screen is the view you will receive when you reopen the application. If you want it to default to the month view, then close it out in month view before returning to the home screen. Pretty simple actually.

pilot25

Reaction score
so everytime I close out i have to go back to the month view before closing out. Just defaulting the month view or whatever the users desired view would be pretty simple. Google's idea of a calendar is pathetic. Definitely not for the business user. Description doesn't allow tabbing, there is no color option for delineating different appointments, after sending appointment invites there is no response capability, etc.... I could go on forever.

Last edited:

Mojo

Reaction score
so everytime I close out i have to go back to the month view before closing out. Just defaulting the month view or whatever the users desired view would be pretty simple. Google's idea of a calendar is pathetic. Definitely not for the business user.

Oh boo hoo!! You have to do what take one extra step to change the view from month to week or vise versa... Gimmie a break.

pilot25

Reaction score
I guess that's why BB is so popular with adults. Clearly teenie bopper's like yourself have no need for a calendar.

pilot25

Reaction score
so everytime I close out i have to go back to the month view before closing out. Just defaulting the month view or whatever the users desired view would be pretty simple. Google's idea of a calendar is pathetic. Definitely not for the business user.

Oh boo hoo!! You have to do what take one extra step to change the view from month to week or vise versa... Gimmie a break.

Break not given. You probably spend all your time with the music widget bopping your head up and down going to and from class. Good for you. The rest of us need a working product that doesn't require ancillary steps to perform a simple function perfected by other devices a decade ago when you were 3 years old.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score

While I normally appreciate your posts, I found this totally uncalled for.

I too find there to be some things lacking in the way Google has decided to handle the interface as I am sure you have. Just because this isn't important to you does not mean it is the same for all users.

Mojo

Reaction score
I guess that's why BB is so popular with adults. Clearly teenie bopper's like yourself have no need for a calendar.

Lol... Teenie bopper hahah thats priceless :icon_ banana: Actually sir, no teenie bopper here.. Been married for 13yrs, have 4 children of my own. And also am the co-owner of 5 VZW agent locations.

Break not given. You probably spend all your time with the music widget bopping your head up and down going to and from class. Good for you. The rest of us need a working product that doesn't require ancillary steps to perform a simple function perfected by other devices a decade ago when you were 3 years old.

Again I addressed the fact that I am not a teen, anyways I too use my device for productivity and use the calendar quite often. your complaint is that the Calendar will not default view to the Month overview. And you was given an answer that you did not like.. that was that the Calendar will default to the last screen that you left it on when you press the home button.

It takes pressing two buttons to change the view, people like you sir complain about the slightest little things and call it crap. When if fact is it is not, a glitch. Google Calendar is more intuitive then a standard BlackBerry Calendar, it syncs with out the need of BES. And so on... what you need to realize and a lot of others need to realize is the Android is NOT a BlackBerry. It is not a iPhone. It is Android, and it does things differently. Does that make it crap, No. It makes it different. It just does things differently than what you are used to.

While I normally appreciate your posts, I found this totally uncalled for.

I too find there to be some things lacking in the way Google has decided to handle the interface as I am sure you have. Just because this isn't important to you does not mean it is the same for all users.

You know your right, maybe I came off harsh. But at the same time I get tired of coming to a thread that may or may not have a answer to something I am interested in. (in this case, this was something that I wanted to know as well) There was a logical response given and then very next post is well this device sucks, because its not what my Blackberry did or its not what my iphone did.

As I stated just because it does it different does not mean it sucks or dont work. There are other Calendar apps and widgets that will give the functionality he wants but rather than trying to have a discussion and ask is there any apps that will give the functionality I need. He starts to bash it. After so many threads with the same overtone to them. It is like geeze people quit nit picking about the small stuff and enjoy having a great device.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
You know your right, maybe I came off harsh. But at the same time I get tired of coming to a thread that may or may not have a answer to something I am interested in. (in this case, this was something that I wanted to know as well) There was a logical response given and then very next post is well this device sucks, because its not what my Blackberry did or its not what my iphone did.

As I stated just because it does it different does not mean it sucks or dont work. There are other Calendar apps and widgets that will give the functionality he wants but rather than trying to have a discussion and ask is there any apps that will give the functionality I need. He starts to bash it. After so many threads with the same overtone to them. It is like geeze people quit nit picking about the small stuff and enjoy having a great device.

I totally understand and I get quite frustrated often with people in the forums but you're developing a rep here and I hate to see you ruin it. :unsure:

To be honest there were things on my Storm that were harder to do then they are on the Droid. However, it goes both ways.

BTW... I retired my VF1000R just last year and I miss riding SOOOOO bad but traffic on Long Island has gotten horrible and there are people that actually seem to aim for bikes now. :mad:

Mojo

Reaction score
@atomicwedgie

Yep that is really my point... there is tradeoffs. There is so many things that my droid does that my berry did not. And there is some things that my Berry did better. But I adjusted, learned to do things in a different way. And in a lot of cases I end up liking them better on the droid. It is just getting used to doing it different. But enough of that.

That really sucks about your having to retire your bike. But I agree, people do start to aim for them some times. I had a jerk swerve at me on purpose when I went to pass him. But I do share your pain on not being able to ride, I have burnt a hole in my #2 piston. So my gixxer is getting rebuilt. I will have it ready to go by the time warmer weather comes. :)