making a movie fit the full screen

zathus

Reaction score
I was messing around with the dvd catalist. having it save the movie at the normal 854×480 then trying 854x540 yada yada and I couldnt get the movie to fit the full screen. I know widescreen movies are set that way and only so much can be done to utilize the full screen but anyone know a way around this with out taking away the quality of the movie? like streatching it or whatever.

D

dvdcatalyst

I was messing around with the dvd catalist. having it save the movie at the normal 854×480 then trying 854x540 yada yada and I couldnt get the movie to fit the full screen. I know widescreen movies are set that way and only so much can be done to utilize the full screen but anyone know a way around this with out taking away the quality of the movie? like streatching it or whatever.

in Global Settings, enable "Remove black bars from device"

Have a look in the blog section for some additional articles on this and other Droid specific tips and tricks.

For anyone with questions regarding DVD Catalyst:
I respond faster if you just contact me directly using the Email Us button right at the top of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
zathus

zathus

Reaction score
ya Ive been reading up on differnt ways to work with it. clearly im not the only one who wants to figer this out =) its a big beautiful screen. I want to enjoy it all hehe

D

dvdcatalyst

ya Ive been reading up on differnt ways to work with it. clearly im not the only one who wants to figer this out =) its a big beautiful screen. I want to enjoy it all hehe

Oh, I completely understand, its just that DDVD Catalyst comes with an 80+ page manual that explains this, and I wrote some dedicated articles in regards of getting the most of video on your Droid on my website. I'm not here to advertise, so I dont want to link to my website directly, but just visit the website, go to the blog section and look for Droid-related information. I'm still working on a way to make it more accessible.

The manual (black bar removal section) also includes some of the information you want, and has some screenshots of what impact it has on the video.

edit: I added a direct link to the (An-)Droid related articles on the main website in the menu on the right side..

Last edited by a moderator: