Make your case for Google+

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never used FB. So I can say that G+ is better...or I can't...? ;)

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love g+ longtime facebook user mainly because thats what everyone else i know uses, however i never care much for it. Finally glad to see something like g+, ive been slowly converting my facebook friends list to g+

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pyro6128

Reaction score
the whole beauty of facebook when it first started was the fact that it focused on the people and had a very clean look. That's why it beat out myspace. Myspace got so big and commercial that it just led to increased clutter to the point where people just didnt want to deal with it anymore. Facebook is going that same route with all of the clutter it keeps throwing out. The advantage of google+ is that it provides a clean interface and actually focuses on the people and their interactions. Facebook will eventually go the myspace route. In fact its already started. It may not be google+ that replaces it, but something else will come along.

Plus I don't see what the big deal is with google+ being invite only at first. I had facebook when it first came out and you needed an invite to use it. Seemed to work out well for them in the end.

Edit: Like jay said, the reason people arent using g+ more is because of the hold outs that refuse to move away from facebook because they don't know people on g+. Its like when you're trying to go to a party and you ask your friends if the want to come and people say "well whos coming, I'll go if so and so is going". When everyone takes that attitude and no one commits to going to the party, no one goes.

OP
F

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So what I think I read is that almost everyone is not having problems with Google+ battery use and almost all think it is superior to--or at least as good as facebook. Especially after the facebook lift.

I guess I'll give it a spin, thank you all for chiming in.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW, notifications are terrible. You just have to open the app all the time.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BTW, notifications are terrible. You just have to open the app all the time.

I have noticed this too

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Most likely, its not a big deal to me, every app has its quirks