Make Free VoIP Calls from Google Voice

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I have been using google voice+sipgate+sipsorcery+sipdroid for a while too.

Updated Sipdroid/G. Voice Guide (from XDA) Gurnted's Blog
That guide helps you create an account and route calls via pbxes.org (much better latency/voice clarity on sipdroid).

tried this and it didnt work for me this guide was hard for me to follow so i might have missed somthing but looked over it a few times i also tried guides from here

Home - Loganss' Nexus One blog

and i have tried to just use sip gate through 3cx but i cant figure out how to login

any help??

dinc44

Reaction score
I have been using google voice+sipgate+sipsorcery+sipdroid for a while too.
Updated Sipdroid/G. Voice Guide (from XDA) Gurnted's Blog
That guide helps you create an account and route calls via pbxes.org (much better latency/voice clarity on sipdroid).
tried this and it didnt work for me this guide was hard for me to follow so i might have missed somthing but looked over it a few times
any help??

I'm in the same boat! I followed Gurnted's instructions perfectly, and even went back through and double checked. But I'm not able to connect a few dots, and the whole thing is dead in the water.

I already had a GV number that I use with my DROID.

I have the SIPDroid app on my phone.

I setup accounts with SIPGate, SIPSorcery, and PBXes, and input all of the various pieces of information and created all of the things I needed to create.

Then he writes DONE! But there's no mention of where the SIPGate number comes into play, or my GV number, or how to setup SIPDroid on my phone to make this all work. I figured SIPDroid would be self-explanatory, then, right? But it's not.

I used the username and password found on my PBXes account under SIP Extension and put it under the first SIP Account in the SIPDroid settings. I see nothing that asks for any of the phone numbers I have.

So, to get to the point, I've done all of this work, and it doesn't work. How the heck do I get this in order so I can make and receive phone calls from my DROID over 3G/WiFi!!??

And where does GV even come into play? Am I even using the stock phone dialer? If I do, is it in conjunction with the GV app, or another one like GVCallBack? I would think not, since they use the phone line and not the data connection. But nothing else is explained. Am I only using my GV number in that people call it, or it shows up when I call out using this whole VOIP setup? HELP PLEASE!!??

dinc44

Reaction score
NEVERMIND! I found his in-depth google doc, and it had the missing info I needed. I have my phone in airplane mode with the WiFi turned on, and I am able to send and receive calls!!!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also just use gmail and make phone calls. Everyone is aware of that, right?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also just use gmail and make phone calls. Everyone is aware of that, right?

i was not is this only with the pc or phone too?? and can you call any phone??

Computer only. Not the phone. Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading but I forget everybody doesn't sit in front of a computer like I do.

If I'm in my house I use Google Voice to cut down on out going calls on Verizon. I have the 450 plan.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

i was not is this only with the pc or phone too?? and can you call any phone??

Computer only. Not the phone. Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading but I forget everybody doesn't sit in front of a computer like I do.

If I'm in my house I use Google Voice to cut down on out going calls on Verizon. I have the 450 plan.

either one is fine for me i sit at my pc all day to plus i can only use my phone on wifi do you use a desktop client or the site and do you use the Gvoice number??

Ving

Reaction score
I have a friend in China who calls home to Canada a lot but she says the Google Voice option only appears in her account in the evenings and not during the day time. Anyone know why? very weird I thought.

dinc44

Reaction score
NEVERMIND! I found his in-depth google doc, and it had the missing info I needed. I have my phone in airplane mode with the WiFi turned on, and I am able to send and receive calls!!!!!!!

wanna share that link??

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae8glDUXDsh9ZGR2eG43cjRfMzNkOTM4ZjNjeA

Honestly, I forget what it was I was missing or not understanding, but this seemed to give better instructions. I just referred to the pictures in is wordpress post.