Major OTA Question

Randyd718

Reaction score
I've asked on this forum multiple times and received no answer. Someone please help.

WILL THE OTA WORK ON AN UNREVOKED ROOTED PHONE, SPECIFICALLY ONE WITH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY ON IT?

I received the OTA today and it failed midway. I assumed it was because of poor cell service in my lecture hall, but now I think clockwork might be to blame.

And does anyone know if it's safe to do the manual update method on a phone with clockwork running? I've seen posts about people having troubles

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will not work, your Custom Recovery will make an OTA fail, SPR and CW

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Neither will allow the complete install of an OTA update

Humpa

Reaction score
thank you. spr and cw?
Those are the two 3rd party recoveries: SPRecovery and ClockWork. He was just saying that anyone using either of those will not be able to update with the OTA.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've asked on this forum multiple times and received no answer. Someone please help.

WILL THE OTA WORK ON AN UNREVOKED ROOTED PHONE, SPECIFICALLY ONE WITH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY ON IT?

I received the OTA today and it failed midway. I assumed it was because of poor cell service in my lecture hall, but now I think clockwork might be to blame.

And does anyone know if it's safe to do the manual update method on a phone with clockwork running? I've seen posts about people having troubles

You probably received no answer the other time because this has been asked and answered about 200 times so far.